Tripadvisor
Kigali

“My favorite place in the city with the most amazing staff!”
Review of Shokola

Shokola
Ranked #23 of 212 Restaurants in Kigali
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: More than just a coffee shop
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I stayed for over a month in Kigali, and this was definitely my favorite spot.
To be honest, I think I came here every single day of my stay in the city.
As for me it was an ideal place to work on my paper, quiet en cozy.
The food is very light, but delicious. I can recommend the passion fruit juice, the harira soup and the veggie quesadilla. I had it almost every day for lunch and was never bored of it!
A special thanks goes to the amazing staff! I have never encountered such a friendly and helpful people! They made me feel like home.
I will definitely go there again, hopefully in a near future.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (165)

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Very relaxing environment with a great view of Kacyiru. Many book available to read while you wait.
There's very little to choose from in terms of menu options but there are decent dishes available. Unfortunately there's No alcohol served here and we had to wait over 45 minutes to get our drinks.
Overall a good afternoon out

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Our group of nine arrived here for lunch and were served with drinks of our choice and were given some guacamoles and chips to snack on while we waited for our food.

When the meals arrived, they were well done, tasted fresh and worth every RWF spent.

The view of the city from their rooftop location was also amazing!

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited the location on top of the Kigali Public Library and very much enjoyed our experience. The location was quiet and modern, with great views and fresh juices. We didn't try the food, but it looked delicious. A great place for lunch or coffee.

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Shokola is located in a nice area, and the spot on which it is built is nicely tucked into trees. You don't get much of a view of the city but what you do get is a sense of almost being hidden away from everything. It manages this nicely whilst also offering up a restaurant and coffee house environment in an open airy interior. Somehow I felt as if I were sat in some kind of modern, adult tree house. Strange but true! On the other hand people were sat doing work on their laptops - power points are conveniently located around the restaurant and on the outside veranda. Some were enjoying choice items fro the restaurant menu whilst others were catching up with friends. It's a real social spot and the staff were very warm. It felt trendy without being pretentious -not authentically Rwandan but a really nice place to stop for a break from your touristic endeavours...

Date of visit: April 2017