“Great food, wonderful service”
Review of Cucina Restaurant

Cucina Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 202 Restaurants in Kigali
Description: Savor a taste of Italy in Kigali. Cucina offers flavorful, authentic dishes from mouthwatering pizzas to savory risottos to classic pastas. Complement your meal with a glass of wine from our international selection and be sure to save room for dessert!
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Delicious pizza, quick, well-priced, classy, and competent. A special compliment to the staff in general who made a point of ensuring everything was perfect - Started with Daniella the hostess and continued with Benjamin the pizza chef.

Date of visit: May 2019
Alyson H, Manager at Cucina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Levin B,

Greetings from Kigali Marriott!

Thank you for visiting Cucina and for sharing your inspiring feedback. It is truly rewarding to see such positive comments. Thank you for your commendation of Daniella and Benjamin. It is great to know that they were able to make your experience so wonderful.

From all of us at Kigali Marriott, we look forward to welcoming you back for more brilliant visits. Thank you for making us your preferred dining destination in Kigali.

Best regards,

Alyson Hayes
Assistant Director, Food & Beverage

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Reviewed this restaurant on the Marriott Hotel tripadvisor but glad I found it so I can relay just how horrible my experience at this restaurant was. Went on a hot day with a friend, ordered a Risotto which arrived in reasonable time. My friend also ordered a spaghetti meal which had potatoes in (bizarre right).

Anyways, long story short I payed about £22 to get food poisoned. As a restaurant in a 5 star hotel, this is beyond unacceptable.

When I say I got food poisoned I mean vomiting and the whole shpill! Granted I got a reply on the Marriott trip advisor instructing me to contact them directly.

Alas, if you do decide to take the risk and go, insure you smell the food as I did and if it spells off and tastes as much give it back. I’m more than sure it was the cheese that got me. Enjoy!

Date of visit: May 2019

Dear ishimoi,

Thank you for being our dining guest and for taking time to write a review.

We certainly hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the enriching experience you deserve on a future visit.

Best Regards,

Alyson Hayes
Assistant Director, Food & Beverage

Reviewed April 19, 2019

Following yet another delayed flight with our national carrier - Kenya Airways - we found ourselves checking in at the Marriott at close to 10:00pm. With 2 hungry, tired and grumpy children by my side, the only thing on our minds was FOOD! As the kitchen was closing in an hour, we settled ourselves at Cucina, a freshly classy Italian restaurant.

While the food took some time to be prepared, there was plenty of perfectly baked bread to munch on and Eric, our waiter, checked on us regularly to make sure we were still okay or confirm if we needed anything else. It’s always annoying when the restaurant team disappears once the order is taken only to resurface when the food is ready giving you no opportunity to request for anything else in between or check on the progress of your meal.

Finally, our food arrived...fresh, well presented and a delight to the tastebuds. Definitely worth the wait for this hungry bunch of travelers.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I often go to Marriott for buffet but I was not aware of this restaurant till I read its review and decided to sample it out. I was there for a lunch date with my wife.

I was impressed with the ambiance( deco is tastefullydone), the quality of the breads and pizza- which was the main meal. The service was on point. I will be going there more often in future.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019

While I was walking around Marriott I found a girl at a reception of Cucina Restaurant called Daniella who treated me like the owner of Marriott. I would like to recommend all of you to go and see yourself. I was totally satisfied and I appreciated good services from Daniella.

Date of visit: March 2019