See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2017

I visited Golf Hills after spending a week in Uganda tracking chimpanzees and gorillas. I was ready for a relaxed, comfortable couple of days, and the hotel delivered.

I stayed in Room No. 6, which is probably the best room in the hotel. I asked for the room after seeing it mentioned on Trip Advisor; however, the room was slightly more expensive than what I had booked through Expedia. Still, the manager kindly allowed me to stay in the room.

The hotel has a great view of the city.

The best thing about the hotel is it's service. Everyone on staff went out of his/her way to make me feel comfortable and to make my stay enjoyable. Because I had an early flight, I had to leave before the hour breakfast was served, but the night manager insisted that I should have a hot breakfast before my flight. Nice gesture.

Another plus is that the hotel is located just down the street from a 24-hour supermarket and an ATM.

Thanks for a great stay.

Room tip: Room No. 6 has a fabulous view of the city, and it's quite large.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
MYRltd, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hills Residence, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Dear Colin, Thank you for taking your time to share your review with us, We are overwhelmed by your amazing experience at our hotel. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best Regards !
Guest relations management team

Reviewed March 30, 2017

The standards of GHR's rooms were high - we had no issues with hot water or anything of the sort in our four rooms. At $100 for a double, prices are more than fair for Kigali. Airport pick-up is included free of charge (although drop-off is not), and the food - we did not order off the menu but asked for a variety of vegetable dishes - was truly excellent. As was the service. The entire trip was a surprise, organised for my father, and the GHR staff played their parts beautifully. Plenty of fruit for breakfast. La Brioche offers excellent food just a few hundred meters from the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank LifeThroughALens
MYRltd, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hills Residence, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Dear Guest Hi,

We are overwhelmed by your amazing experience at our hotel and we appreciate that you shared it because it motivates us to provide a good service. We hope to see you again very soon.

Warm Regards

Caissy

Guest relations management team

Reviewed January 29, 2017

I stayed at Golf Hills because it was the only decent affordable option I found in Kigali. The location in Nyutarama is very quiet and residential so it is a nice place to walk but there is really nothing do around - I highly recommend the cafe around the corner (Brioche). I stayed in two different rooms around my Gorilla trek. The first room was very small and the leaky shower left water all over the bathroom. The second room was bigger and outfitted with a proper tub and balcony.

Hotels.com listed a shower/tub combination, coffee/tv maker and air-conditioning on both reservations - the only thing I was offered was a fan, coffee/tv maker was not in either room, and the shower/tub combo was only in the second room. Wi-ifi was pretty solid, especially closer to reception, and they can arrange airport transportation (paid). The breakfast is very simple but ok - bread, fruit and you can order eggs as well. They can arrange a driver to take you around the city (I was with Faustin, who did a good job). Overall, Golf Hills is fine, a bit rustic and I might consider staying there again just based on price, but I didn't love it.

Room tip: Try to get a room with a balcony overlooking the city - every room should be quiet
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
GOLF HILLS RESI... G, Guest Relations Manager at Golf Hills Residence, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2017

Dear guest, I thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve your experience as a guest at our hotel. I was disappointed to learn of the shortcomings you experienced and we're currently taking steps to upgrade facilities. I am also happy that you loved some of our services and that you are planning to comeback and I am insuring you that the next time you won't regret for having choose Golf Hills Residence.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 31, 2016

i stayed at this hotel back in late august. rooms are worn out, getting hot water out of the shower is a long process. service is slow. it was hard communicating with the servers due to poor english. location is good though and the price is affordable.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank andrew r

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
We have looked into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies. We are looking forward receiving you again and insuring you that you will be satisfied by our services

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2016

Stayed at the Golf Hills six times now, using it as stop-overs as I travelled between Kigali, Musanze, Nyungwe, Akagera. It is a good place to use as you travel between the main attractions of Rwanda, and road access is good. The rooms are basic, but huge. If you get the right room, you will also have a huge balcony, where they will serve your meal if requested. The staff are friendly and attentive, and extremely helpful.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S

Dear Peter, Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. These kind of comments challenges us to always hold up to the top and offer best we can. We look forward to seeing you again soon