“Amazing place this is”

Golf Hills Residence
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Kigali
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is just amazing. The facilities are excellent and clean, the staff are friendly and always helpful, the manager Antoinette is an angel really. My best experience is the view of Kigali at night. From my room the room was just magical. Security is top notch and the environment clean and serene. Totally recommend it!!!

3  Thank Kevin L
There are newer reviews for Golf Hills Residence

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with excellent customer service. The rooms are clean, pleasant and well proportioned. The views from the hotel overlook the city's golf resort and are a treat. The decor of the hotel is pleasant and uplifting. The manager is hospitable, friendly and kind - she will look after your interests. Five stars and well deserved. I will definitely come again - you wont find better value for money in Rwanda!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mace A
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visit Kigali on a regular basis for business and stayed one week at this hotel during my last stay.

The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The wifi is free, available throughout the hotel and can even support a Skype call in good quality which is a rare treat in Kigali.

3  Thank jer2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Arrived at Kigali airport to be met by the hotels recommended taxi driver 'Steady Eric', who went on to take us around from meeting to meeting during our weeks visit (and I'd also recommend with 5 stars if there was an equivalent Taxi Advisor). The hotel lived up to its name, more like a house than a hotel, and the staff were wonderful.
Clean rooms, plenty of hot water and always a warm welcome on return after a day full of meetings, I'd highly recommend this hotel if you want somewhere reasonable with a personal touch.
Not in the centre but only 10 mins by taxi, it's the place I'll be staying at next time I go back to Kigali - what stands out at Golf Hills Residence is that they actually really care about their customers in everything they do.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SparkySailor
Reviewed March 18, 2013

From check in to check out excellent service from a dedicated staff. Great freshly cooked homely food and nice cold beer. Golf Hills is proof positive that big budget hotels are not the only option for African capital cities. The GHR meets the need of the business traveller who wants a quiet stay in a hotel offering efficient service in comfortable and secure surroundings.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I went there for a romantic week end and it was magic by its simplicity! The place is quiet, well taken care of and nicely decorated. The breakfast is more than decent and Rita, the managing lady took very good care of us. The only issue was the gardening staff who started to work on something next to our room very early so we couldn't enjoy the nice Sunday morning completely... Next time I guess...

Room Tip: Try to have a room in the main building
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I arrived at Golf Hills from Kigali Airport at about 2.30 am to find the manager, Antoinette, ready to check me in at the hotel reception. I asked her why she was up at such a crazy hour, and she said "I like to be here when my guests arrive." This epitomizes my stay; nothing was too much trouble for Antoinette or her staff. This result: a superbly managed, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable hotel.

Although expensive by, say, Southeast Asian standards, Golf Hills is a bargain in Rwanda, a fraction of the cost of staying at one of Kigali's better known upmarket hotels. You won't find a sewing kit or hair conditioner in your bathroom, but you will find a comfortable room in a quiet location, and just about the best service anywhere.

Disadvantages: A few kilometers from the city center, and not much within walking distance. But it's easy to get a taxi (car or motorcyle) to take you where you want to go.

Note: Rooms here don't have air conditioning, but that is simply because there is no need for it. Although close to the equator, Kigali is about 1, 600 meters above sea level, so doesn't get particularly hot, and it always cools down at night.

I give Golf Hills an enthusiastic 5.

1  Thank Donald R