Golf Hills Residence
  • Restaurant
Lemigo Hotel(Kigali)
Zenith Hotel(Kigali)
View Hotel
All reviewshot breakfastquiet locationairport pickupmy colleagueguest housedrivertaxisgorillasatm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel manager was wonderful, and really went out of her way to make me feel at home. The hotel has a relaxed atmosphere and is located outside the city center, so quiet and nice views from the terrace. The staff was also very nice. The room was clean and the food was good. I will come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank snowyflake1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Top residence, at affordable price, personal approach of the staff, very helpful and friendly.
It feels like coming home.
Best choice in Kigali. The breakfast is best we had while we were in Rwanda. We can recommend this place to everybody who is going to stay in Kigali, you want regret.
Luc & Emma

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LucWillems
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Please, consider this your home is what the manager said multiple times. And it did feel like a home away from home. Very relaxed atmosphere, clean rooms and very good daily fresh food.

They are willing to do just that little bit of extra for you that makes it a remarkable guesthouse.

I'm very pleased to have stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ingmar N
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Golf Hill Residence upon arrival. They provided a shuttle to pick me up at the airport (although the driver arrived late and while I was waiting didn't know if I should get a taxi or continue to wait for him. I waited and he arrived about 15 minutes later.) Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. I was placed in a room that had an adjacent shared bathroom, but there was no one else in the other room that shared the bathroom the entire time I was there, so I had the bathroom to myself. The room was spacious and very quiet. The bathroom was also very big. Mine had a shower only (no bathtub). Unfortunately they didn't supply any shampoo or lotion, only soap. Be sure to bring your own! I had to buy some while I was there because I had thought the hotel would provide some.

The location of the hotel is also in a very quiet area, but yet close enough to the middle of town so it wasn't inconvenient.
They serve a wonderful complimentary breakfast and also provide room service for lunch and dinner at no additional charge. All of the food was fresh and delicious. The kitchen closes at 10pm. This is good because there really aren't any restaurants within a close walking distance to the hotel.

The pool didn't have any water in it (although it would've been to chilly to swim anyway!) and I didn't see any fitness center (apparently it's under construction?).

The wireless worked perfectly the entire time I was there and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It's very affordable and I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Melssel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This small hotel consists of two adjacent large homes in the posh Nyarutarama district in Kigali. The management is great and the food is very good compared to what is available in Kigali and has a home made feel to it. The rooms are large and well furnished, beds are big and comfortable, although the lamps are a bit weak at night and the work desk was small. Shower was good too. Internet was free and good for skype, and they accepted credit cards. The pickup at the airport worked great and was at a reasonable price. This place is highly recommended if you like to go running as you can go off-road or around the golf course. The only drawback is you are not in the downtown area, but that may be a plus for some. After hearing from multiple people that they got sick from the food at the Serena hotel, I was really glad I stayed here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business