“Friendly lunch”
Review of The Hut

The Hut
Ranked #1 of 195 Restaurants in Kigali
Description: The Hut Restaurant is one of the best newly opened restaurants in Rwanda. Our unique international cuisine that incorporates local, organic Rwandan ingredients. Our customers especially enjoy dining on our outdoor terrace with an excellent scenic view of Kigali hills. . Lunch service and daytime conferences during weekdays may be arranged with advanced reservations.
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I use to go by myself but this time I invited some friends. They were amazed. The food , service, environment, were incredible.
Definetly I will keep going by myself but for sure my friends will co e back.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Recently had the pleasure of visiting The Hut in Kigali. What an experience! The service was beyond excellent, Charles was an absolute star. Loved the food. Good sized portions and the food was well presented and was really, really tasty. Can highly recommend The Hut to any traveler visiting Kigali.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019

We loved our visit to The Hut. The welcome was warm by generally professional staff (one young lady managed to pour a drink whilst looking away and talking to her colleague, but as she didn't spill anything we can let that pass). The menu is extensive with something for everything but thank goodness they also have some tasty specials for those too busy to go through the menu. I had a truly wonderful spicy bacon soup followed by a hunters chicken breast - not quite as special but still very good. My friends enjoyed their filling chicken soup, pizza and burger and because they had underestimated the portion sizes ended up taking much of it home (ably and happily packed up by the staff). And although the prices are higher than elsewhere they are not too excessive. Good parking, strong wifi, and plenty of tables in different sizes and locations. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

This being my second visit to Kigali I was highly impressed! I took my mom for mother’s day dinner and we both loved it immensely! The food was AMAZEBALLS! I had the bbq ribs and fries, followed by the macadamia chocolate brownie and ice cream! It was delectable! Wonderful dinning experience. Good ambiance! Definitely recommend you dine there! Reasonable prices too! Very good service there aswell, we were served by Theoneste!

Reviewed March 31, 2019

This restaurant has some of the best variety and service in Kigali. My family and I were hungry for burgers and The Hut has some the best selections.Mine was a Moroccan Lamb burger. After selecting your meat then there is a choice of sauce (chermoula) veggies and fries (I had the harare; a bit too spicy with the sauce). Son-in-law had the Pork shoulder, basically what we call Pulled Pork. Daughter had tilapia with pumpkin and bean and dodo (don't ask me what that is. She has lived in Africa 15 years). Price with several large Mutzig drafts was about 14000 Frw per person ($15)
Besides a great variety of food, the service is fantastic. You are asked about food allergies before the order is accepted. Everything comes much more quickly than you may come to expect here. Several of the staff recognized my daughter and asked about the children.
This is an excellent restaurant to bring children. Like most in Kigali it has a play area and the main floor is extremely open; the tables are not crowded together so there is both room for children to roam and an atmosphere that accepts them
Parking is secure inside their gate. As with most locations in Kigali it is not very easy to find but every taxi and moto driver will get you there