All reviews the executive lounge soko restaurant gold member saray spa asian noodles beautiful hotel a great stay guest relations rooms are spacious main restaurant great facilities business or pleasure the entire staff turn down service stayed longer enjoyed my stay the general manager
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was lovely. Alice was the best, she was amazing at breakfast with her smiles and superb service. The executive lounge staff were so wonderful as well and treated everyone like family. I stayed for many weeks for work and manager Juddie or those above her were always available and quick to address any minor concerns or issues I had during my stay. I have been to other hotels in Kigali and I often travel internationally for work and though this hotel is quite expensive it is one of my favorite hotels I have ever stayed at.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Aimcali
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Simply visited there restaurant and it was atrocious, to say the leasthe the waiter dragged her feet and the cheese which clearly is imported and was clearly off. For £20 basically 20RWF this was a total and complete rip off.

Date of stay: May 2019
Rex N, General Manager at Kigali Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear ishimoi,

Thank you for being our dining guest and for taking time to write a review. It is unfortunate the poor experience you faced with the food and service.

In this regard, I welcome you to contact us directly so we can discuss your experience.

We certainly hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the enriching experience you deserve on a future visit.

Best Regards,

Rex A.G. Nijhof

Reviewed May 6, 2019

First the poor and then the good.

What was poor:

I was staying there on a business trip, and the travel agent prepaid (like she always does) and provided me with confirmation. However, when I arrived they could not find my reservation and that it was prepaid. They eventually found it and I was asked to provide payment information for a reservation that was already prepaid and confirmed. Being asked to provide payment for incidentals is one thing, but that's not what they were asking for.

After a little back and forth, I provided the confirmation again and they let me go to the room. I arrived on Saturday. The reservation folks eventually verified on Monday that it was prepaid and everything was fine. However, by the end of the stay when I was checking out, they again told me the stay was not paid, and that I had to cover it before leaving. After about another 30 minutes on the phone with reservation, they said it was prepaid and I could go! Poor!

Also, what's with the room cleaning staff coming at 8am? Come on. The staff woke me up twice at 8am to clean the room. Eventually, I was out of the room before 8am, so I don't know if that changed. But it was not cool when I was trying to sleep in.

Not all sockets in the room were working. I wanted to iron a couple of shirts for a meeting. The main sockets were not working. So I had to disconnect the alarm clock (iHome) and use that socket. That was inconveniencing since the socket was right by the bed and there was not ample room to use the ironing board there.

What was good:

There was great variety of food at breakfast. I did not try most things, but liked the African breakfast and fruits and yoghurt.

It was quiet. The balcony was nice. The view from my room was great because come on it's Rwanda.

iHome, if you use an iPhone, for easy charging.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Rex N, General Manager at Kigali Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear Adepapa,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know that the inspiring Rwanda views enhanced your stay and thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed the African breakfast.

We regret not living up to your expectations. We always strive to make sure our guests know our devotion to crafting quality experiences, and we apologize for falling short of this. The concerns regarding your experience have been shared with the appropriate departments to ensure this is not repeated.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2019

I was there for five days last week. The amenities are as good as normal five stars hotel for me (also the price). My most favourite is service from the staffs. The only thing if I choose to stay at Marriott over the other places. The location is nice enough to go around by your choices of transportation, safe neighbourhood and there is a lovely Indian restaurant nearby.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Lovely place and ideal for the family. Spacious rooms and good food. My son enjoyed eating chicken wings a midnight snack. The staff were friendly and helpful. This was a good welcome to stay in Rwanda.

Date of stay: April 2019