“Everything I Saw I Would Have Missed Without this Tour”
Review of Go Kigali Tours

Go Kigali Tours
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Kigali
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kigali's #1 Tour Company. Go Kigali is the first tour company devoted to city tours in Kigali. We’ve scouted the city for the must see spots and have built strong relationships with local business owners so that our guests get the best experiences. We arrange day and overnight trips to see the famous Mountain Gorillas. We also plan safaris to spot the Big Five and much more.
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Two buddies of mine did this tour. We were joined by six other delightful people in a comfortable van.
It listed about 7 hours, and every moment was fascinating. We hit these points:
Mount Kigali
Milk bar
Market
Islamic school
Quality Coffee shop
TamuTamu for lunch with goat and cassava dough (my request)
Lake crossing

Eric, our tour guide was friendly, informative and attentive.

I unreservedly recommend this tour.

Wear comfortable shoes and come hungry.

Date of experience: July 2018
Xavier C, Owner at Go Kigali Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Hey Dgrizz!

What an awesome review to read. Thanks for the super positive feedback and we're so happy that the experience was fascinating.

Also Eric's a rockstar, we love him.

Please do let us know if you are ever in Rwanda or Ethiopia again and looking for a tour or to travel around the countryside.

Xavi

"made us feel at home"
"banana beer"
"coffee house"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"genocide memorial"
in 6 reviews
"wealth of information"
"local market"

Reviewed July 4, 2018

My 17 year old son and I took an excellent all day city tour . Colombe, our guide, was amazing. She was professional, kind and very knowledgeable. We went to the top of Mt. Kigali to see the view of the city. I loved the local place we went for lunch where I got to try some of the local dishes I had heard so much about. The food was delicious. We also went to a milk bar which was so cool and then a boat ride. I especially liked that these were experiences which showed us how the local people live - not just what tourists do. I felt like I got a secret inside look at the life of Rwandans here. It was so interesting and fun. We also went to the market where we tasted fruit while we watched as locals bargained for live chickens. We had a great day!!!!!!! PLUS I am trying to learn Kinyarwanda and Colombe helped me with the language.

Date of experience: July 2018
Xavier C, Owner at Go Kigali Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Hey Danna! So delightful to hear that your City Tour with Colombe was such a highlight. She's an incredible guide and we're lucky to have her. Please get in touch if you find yourself looking for another great tour either here in Rwanda or in Ethiopia.

Thanks again for the 5-star review, you rock!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

I went on a half day tour today (as the full day tour was fully booked) and ended up being the only guest, so I was privileged enough to have Colombe as my private tour guide. Her enthusiasm for what she does is remarkable and her knowledge, incredible. We had a fantastic time visiting a coffee house, market for a fruit tasting, milk bar for some fresh milk, mosque that played a big part in the 1994 genocide, Mt Kigali for views of the city and saw two beautiful street murals. Emmanuel, our driver, added a great deal of information as we wound our way through the city and I loved spending the afternoon with the two of them. I would highly recommend Go Kigali Tours for an enjoyable and comprehensive introduction to Kigali. I’ll definitely be back to explore this city further; next time for longer than just a day stopover. Thank you Colombe, Emmanuel and Go Kigali Tours!

Hi Elsa!

So happy to hear that you loved Emmanuel and Colombe's company and that we were able to give you a taste of Kigali. Sorry that the City Tour was sold out, it's high-season so it's a busy time for us.

Excited to have you back here in Rwanda and please get in touch next time you are either here in Rwanda or in Ethiopia so that we can take you on another great tour.

Thanks!