“Great place to mingle”

Papyrus
Ranked #16 of 137 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: Italian, African, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place to mingle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went there on a Friday night to have a friend who lives in Kigali. Seems like it is a good place to meet new people. I only saw Friday late night, so, I'm not sure how it is earlier in the evening, but when I was there, the music was pretty loud that it wasn't particularly suitable if you want to talk with people.

• Visited November 2013

“Not worth the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I heard that Papyrus was great fun, but when we went on Saturday night, it was a pretty empty, average restaurant with slow service. The chairs were kind of awkward and uncomfortable and we didn't get a view. Maybe it's more fun if you go on Thursday or Friday.

Visited July 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Dissapointing pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband bought take away Pizza from there and it was the strangest thing how everyone of us could not eat it. I'm not sure how to describe why other than they just weren't nice. We would not buy Pizza form there again. We also went for drinks and the place is big and I suppose vibrant but I judge a place by if I can get my drink. I normally drink Cosmos of Vodka Cranberry but have not found a place in Kigali that make them. My alternative is vodka with fruit cocktail. By the time we got the Papyrus, the only juice available was apple juice. Needless to say I did not have a drink. I'm not sure I would be keen to go back there.

• Visited September 2013
Mechelen, Belgium
“Delicious pizzas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's difficult to find a good pizza in Rwanda, most of them are local interpretations of what a pizza should be. Papyrus, in my taste, goes a bit further. Okay, there still not the same as the ones i'm used to, but they're getting there. Baked in a stone oven, they use actual cheese and actual tomato sauce... bonus points! and the setting is fabulous, I was afraid of the service, but no complaints there (we had to ask 6 different people for the bill, but there was no problem with the food order, which is the most important!)...

• Visited August 2013
Mauritius
“Fun place, good drinks & atmosphere...even on a Sunday night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visited here in July while on a business trip.

Went here with colleagues on a Sunday night, and the day after was a holiday, so the place was quite busy.

We watched the Confederation's Football Final here, and there is a club downstairs too that we went to until the early hours.

Visited July 2013