“Best Italian in Kigali - Just Amazing”
Review of Soleluna

Soleluna
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SoleLuna - a true slice of Italy in Kigali. Taste the freshness of mediterranean cuisine whilst savoring spectacular views of the city.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We've been living in Kigali for 6 months, and Sol e Luna is by far our favourite Italian restaurant. It also has the best ambience of all the places we've been. There is just so much to offer, and the food is excellent - and authentic.

On Monday nights the pub quiz is great fun, if you're looking for something social. The issue with Kigali is that you can go to any restaurant at any time, and never have to wait for a table. Most of the times, you are one of a few people in the whole restaurant. If you want ambience, it's hard to get! But not at Sol e Luna - their steady stream of customers creates a warm and vibrant environment.

Their drinks are excellent - I particularly enjoy the Mediterranean Gin&Tonic, which has fresh rosemary. Pair that with a top quality pizza, or delicate fish dish, or an incredible eggplant (aubergine) parmigiana, and I'm in heaven.

The scenery is also great - come at sunset for expansive views of the hills and the lights. Really, you can't go wrong. We come again and again, and will likely continue to do so until we leave Kigali.

1  Thank lawright8

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have visited Sol e Luna both times I have been in Rwanda and it was delicious. The atmosphere is comfortable and beautiful and the food is wonderful. There are so many different pizza options that it is hard to choose. I wish I could bring this restaurant back home with me!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The place has a nice view and multiple levels. We went there hearing great stories about the pizzas. However we where served cold pizza. The waiters where not bothered about us and getting drinks where almost a chore.
The place was buzz with expats, however I would say its over rated.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We came here on a Monday night for the famous Pub Quiz night (which is set and delivered by the winning team from the previous week) and all ordered pizzas. I ordered a calzone and it was really good. Service was good, although a colleague arrived a while after us and they completely forgot to order her drink and pizza, which wasn't good and is why they get a point docked.

Needless to say, we won the very enjoyable quiz (which is free to take part in) and got all our bill paid for (second place gets their drinks free, and doesn't have to set the questions!). The views here are great too, so long as you're in the right seat. Arrive around 7 for the Monday quiz or you risk either missing out or having to wait a long time for food.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The trivia night on Monday is really fun! Probably my favorite night of the week! I wouldn't go to Sol e Luna on a non-trivia night though. The pizza is quite good, but kind of expensive, and service is ok. The view is wonderful.