Mediterranean Hotel
$126
$119
Priceline
$257
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 25, 2008

If going to Abuja, Nigeria, one good option is to stay in the Mediterranean hotel. I know my stay there goes back a few years, and I hope that they have maintained the quality of service that was presented to me back then.
I stayed in the hotel for over a month with three other colleagues. As far as I remember, the service was overall good. There was a swimming pool (with the bar in it!), good internet wi-fi access (i think you had to pay for it), pool tables in the second bar and two restaurants. The rooms were clean and staff attentive to your needs. I cannot remember the exact prices, but it must have been around 60 USD or so, regardless, it was way cheaper than the traditional Hilton and co types. You could rent a room in the main building or opt for the bigger rooms in the annex. The hotel is located in upper residential area of Abuja, not far away from the ECOWAS secretariat, a number of embassies and the residences of the various governors. So, all in all, a secure location albeit not so central. If, after a month's stay, you get bored of the restaurants, you can go to a nearby Chinese restaurant (it's not far, you can go on foot), where the food is good and reasonably priced for Abuja. Overall, I retain a good impression of the hotel and its staff. One of my colleagues frequently returns there on his trips to Abuja and has not complained about it. I can't remember the contacts, but will try to dig through my archives and find something and then post it. Otherwise, any taxi driver should be able to take you there.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Marc2372