“Nkoyo / Masala Wahala”
Review of Nkoyo

Nkoyo
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in Abuja
Cuisines: African
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located at Ceddi Plaza and K City Plaza, our main purpose is to serve beautifully cooked Nigerian food using traditional herbs and spices. We have a wide range of dishes to satisfy our different customers. Ranging from Hearty Nigerian food to sandwiches and salads. The atmosphere of the restaurant is sophisticated and inviting. We pride ourselves in our clean open kitchen to entertain and ensure our customers that their meals are prepared with the utmost respect and in standard conditions. The restaurant is being run by professionals, people with experience in the culinary world.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

For all the Nkoyo fans (like me) try out Nkoyo's 2nd outlet in Ceddi Plaza. It is attached to Masala WAhala (new southern Indian restaurant in Abuja) you can enjoy a combination of both menus... Yum yum... I recommend butterfly prawns and crab samosas for starters followed by peppered snails and a Dosa for mains.... Yum yum :-)

1  Thank SandyAsokoro

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

For the ladt three years, Nkoyo has become my "local". I go there for fun and business alike with the peace of mind you need to make each outing a real success. Both Nigerian and Grill dishes are simply delicious. For me this is still the only genuine food house in Abuja, where quality and good service are aleays guaranteed. Well done Mr Titus, Hassan, Richard and Jonas. I just hope thst the opening of the nee branch in CeddyPlaza will not be too much of a distraction

1  Thank civet
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. This was a nice relaxed place to hang out and have some drinks and then dine. We were a crowd of 9 but all our meals were served basically on time together.

I had the chicken wings for an appetizer, and they are the best wings I've had in months. The best in Abuja. So spicy my nose ran but it was more than that - spicy but the spice didn't overwhelm the seasoning, they were lovely flavored too. I wish I'd known I would have ordered them for my meal too! I had the chicken satay and the flavor was really nice, both with and without the peanut sauce, but I found the chicken pieces a little gristly and there were a few I couldn't eat. I'm pretty sensitive to texture and gristle just is a big turnoff for me. But the flavor was good for the pieces I could eat. I got them with the french fries and it's true, the side portions are enormous, easily for 2 people or even three. I tried someone else's jollof rice and I was slightly disappointed, I thought it a little bland and dry compared to what I've eaten in the villages in West Africa - I don't know if it's the Nigerian way in comparison or if they made it bland for foreigners who are too sensitive to spice - or if it was just the spoonful I happened to eat off the top. But it would have been fine, had I ordered it. I thought it was a little expensive, but then Abuja is an expensive city.

Seriously though, I still dream about those wings.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Food is quite good, the waiters are very polite and great value for money compared to similar restaurants in Abuja

Reviewed March 11, 2013

i only heard about this place coincidentally today, i hear its really good. eager to try it.. i hear its a mix of different kinds of food-asian, continental, african etc. interesting