“Hilton Abuja” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Abuja
Rome, Italy
“Hilton Abuja”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Poor quality and little value for money. It took ages to check in and endless problems with the credit cards. The room was nothing special, the TV set did not work, etc etc. The cost of the brekfast is outrageous.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Dario G
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to leave a feedback.

I am disappointed we did not succeed at meeting your expectations and I apologize for our failures and the inconveniences caused you.

We are conscious of the importance of speedy check-in and check-out and we are constantly reviewing our processes to ensure our Guests do not experience delays. I would also like to assure you of my commitment to ensuring that all our Guests get value for money spent in our hotel. Your comment on the price of our buffet breakfast is noted. Permit me to mention that our Piano Lounge and Pastry Corner offer cheaper alternatives to the buffet breakfast at the Bukka.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Etienne Gailliez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Hilton is one of the most expensive places to stay in Abuja. The value is in broads range of facilities & the consistent level of service. Not really great but nearly always good.
The importance of which becomes obvious if you've ever stayed in most other hotels in Abuja!

Room Tip: Avoid the smoking floors and ask for a room close to the lifts!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for the review of your experience at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am glad you were pleased with our range of facilities and the consistent level of our service delivery. Please be assured that we will continue to create experiences that add value to our Guests' stay.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you are familiar with Africa you know the Hope Diamond would be easier to find that a true five star hotel.

I am basing my review on the "improvements" the hotel has had over the years. My last stay in Abuja was several years ago and I was quite pleased with changes the Hilton has implemented. There is still a LONG way to go...but it is better than before!

I agree with other reviewers check-in/check-out process requires a long wait any time of day. I did notice the staff was much friendlier than years ago. Smiles and welcomes. Not demands and rudeness...great change!

Bukka lunch buffet is ok...the bbq chicken was their best dish. I have nothing but compliments for the staff. SMILES galore and great service.

My disappointment... my linens... I had a room with two beds... One bed had linens that smelled terrible. I am not sure if they had ever been changed! Lucky for me the other bed appeared clean. Overall the room looked clean... I noticed one of my coffee cups was cracked and unusable..... but I just wonder if anyone has ever changed any of the sheets/duvets???

The cable had a variety of channels. A vast improvement from years ago! I do think the hotel should offer free wifi in public areas. It would be helpful to send out a quick email home.

I purchased an item from the handicraft village. I bought a framed piece of art but was not able to get any information about the piece or the artist. It would be helpful if this was made possible... people back home like to know the story behind the pieces.

Over not a bad stay....there was plenty of hot water and I did not experience any power outages...but if you are a frequent traveler in Africa you count that as a good stay!

Room Tip: The hotel has high demand and there are no real privileges or deals with the hotel. You get a room...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for creating the time to give a feedback about your experience.

I am glad you were impressed with the improvements we have made in the hotel over the years, especially the service attitude of our Team Members. I would like to assure you that greater times are ahead as the hotel is schedule for a major refurbishment next year.

The service gap you highlighted is noted and has been addressed with the Housekeeping team in order to improve our service delivery. Please note that Wi-Fi internet connection is available in all public areas and bedrooms of our hotel.

Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very good, the front officer are very accommodating, but there are some information that needed to be pasted or make know to the customer at the point of checking in. information like cashless payment and the charges.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for leaving a feedback about your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am glad you found our hotel very good and our Team Members made your stay enjoyable. Your comments about information at the Front Desk are noted and we will review our processes to ensure our Guests are well-informed about new policies.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Port Harcourt, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Transcorp is normally first class but this time they did not live up to expectation. The hotel was overbooked resulting in my having to wait for hours for a room. In addition, they seemed to favour some people over others and were not assigning the rooms on a first come basis. Eventually, very late at night I got upgraded to the presidential suite to compensate but the room smelled rancid probably due to lack of use and the TV did not work. On my second day, the central cooling system failed and so we had to sweat it out in our meeting room. Aside from these, every other thing was ok. Transcorp management needs to manage their reservation system better and do a little bit more preventive maintenance

1 Thank Chinyere O
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to leave a review.

I am disappointed we did not succeed at exceeding your expectations during your stay with us; I sincerely apologise for our failures and assure you of our efforts at creating a refreshing experience where every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Hilton in Abuja was very expensive, without including internet. Even Executive floor does not include internet. Costs are over 20$ a day.

The style is similar to older Las Vegas mega hotel: multi wings and several floors of cookie cutter hotel rooms dating from late 1980s without much work on the rooms.

Good things: gym very complete, lots of choice and variety at the outdoor restaurant by the pool, complete ice cream bar by the pool, huge pool, cheap and nice spa and hair salon. Also,the location is secure, with sufficient distance from the street, hotel provides you with 4 bottles of water a day,

Bad things: stay away from uncooked veggies (colleagues got sick on salad bar), Internet very expensive.

Valuable Tip: The 10th floor is the Executive level and has a very good executive lounge and dining area. Breakfast and canapés are included and are worth it. There is an Internet station. Great views on the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the location and security of our hotel, the exclusivity of our Executive Floor and Lounge, our 24-hour Fitness Center, our outdoor pool and the offerings at our Fulani Pool Restaurant.

Although internet is not free across the hotel, please note that it is offered complimentary for all our Gold and Diamond HHonors members. I am also delighted to inform you that plans are at advanced stages for the renovation of our hotel. On completion of the project, our rooms decor and furnishing will wear a contemporary look and feel.

Thank you once again for your views and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe travels!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is the first time that I have stayed for a long period in any hotel, that is 5 nights. Generally comfortable during the whole stay. The reception staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was comfortable but given that this hotel has been operating for a long time, the decor and the furniture would probably need some new ideas. The shower is moderate and to my mind could be better. The breakfast and a couple of dinners that I had in Bukka Restaurant was normal, nothing fantastic as the selections of food are perhaps meant for the locals. The staff in the restaurant was generally friendly and very helpful. Bad experience during one of the nights when the electricity went off for 3 hours but thanks to the management, all affected guests were given a 50% rebate on the room rates for the night. This was. A good gesture.

Room Tip: No tip here
1 Thank AnuwarBA
Thank you for leaving a feedback about your experience during your recent stay with us.

I am glad you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the hospitality of our Team Members. I am delighted to inform you that plans are at very advanced stages for the renovation of our hotel; our rooms decor and furniture will surely wear a contemporary look and feel when the project is completed.

I would also like to thank you for your understanding during the unfortunate power outage that occurred during your stay. I apologise for all inconveniences caused whilst assuring you that we have put mechanisms in place to prevent a recurrence.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.