“your stay checking out 21st october 2013”

Transcorp Hilton Abuja
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Lagos, Nigeria
“your stay checking out 21st october 2013”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

covers every necessary and impotant areas that has to do with welfare. Overall it was very good.My stay was okay, safety and security put in place is adequate. The HH staff were quick to respond to issues or request made. I can not sincerely say that there was no hicupp but they were successfully handled. It is my candid opinion that certain incentives could further enhance quality customer's participation if introduced. There is room for improvement to make HH a truly world class hotel. It needs to strive in all areas not only to meet customers needs but to exceed it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Etienne Gailliez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed one night before travelling on to Lagos. Huge business hotel that does a good job at looking after the business traveller. My luggage had gone missing on the inbound flight and it was a bonus to find a set of clothes boutiques on the ground floor that were able to provide some essentials until my bag turned up on the next flight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad our hotel provided a one-solution to your essential travel needs. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

When security concerns leave you with no other options, it must get quite easy for a hotel to become complacent. Not a bad place though overly expensive. The foyer is full of hookers (possibly the fault of the clientèle, but still a nuisance), the internet connection is terrible and, worst of all, my credit card was cloned whilst staying there and attempts were made to take over $20,000 over three transactions. Although the hotel itself is safe, losing such a great deal of money whilst staying there doesn't give you the piece of mind you might hope for when staying at one of the countries top hotels.

Overall disappointing, however the hotel is a real marvel with its 70's chique interior.

Room Tip: be careful with your credit card
1 Thank spaceout88
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to leave a feedback.

I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us and I would like to apologise for all inconveniences you might have experienced. I am especially concerned about your credit card transaction experience; I would appreciate you contact me directly with the details so that we can conduct a thorough investigation.

Thank you once again for your views and we do hope you will give us another opportunity of being of service to you on your next visit to Abuja.

Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As an American, I am accustomed to high standards. That said, I am a reasonable person who has traveled extensively and I was not expecting a hotel in Nigeria to be anything to write home about because it is an incredibly poor country. However, because this hotel is a Hilton and we paid roughly $525 US per night, I expected better. Following are my observations with a + or - by each point.

1) queue of cars entering premises for security purposes was annoying but necessary +
2) check-in was a pain; they kept running our credit card and telling us it was declined -
3) we called our bank in the US and were told there was not a hold on any of our cards +
4) after 5 different attempts over 2 hours, the card worked; surprise! It was a network problem -
5) I felt that overall the staff was friendly and helpful +
6) a bellboy helped us with our bags and was delightful +
7) when we got to our room (7th floor), it was not made up or cleaned -
8) bellboy took care of everything, contacted front desk, got us a new room (upgraded w/o us needing to ask) and saw us to the new room +
9) nice room, spacious, large bathroom with double sinks, tub, separate shower, and bidet +
10) the room smelled horribly of mildew, even with the air conditioner on full blast -
11) bottom sheet and then a duvet: no sheet in between -
12) duvet was not large enough for the bed and when my husband and I crawled under the cover, it was difficult for both of us to "stay covered" completely; weird -
13) the shower curtain fell several inches ABOVE the tile shower surround and water leaked all over the floor and I do mean all over; my husband and I used all the towels, the bathrobe, and a bath mat to soak up the mess; just add a couple more inches to the curtain!!! -
14) beautiful lobby except for the handbag display case with broken glass; it looked like it had been shot, really; disconcerting in a dangerous area; either fix it fast or remove the broken glass -
15) we ate at the hotel's restaurant with the buffet; very disappointing at over $50 a person -
16) we both came down with either a stomach flu or food poisoning about 36 hours later -
17) Internet was a pain -
18) only employee at the hotel that was a total dud was the business center manager; wouldn't even look at me OR his employees; definitely came across as rude -

In summary, I think this is a case of a hotel overcharging because it can. All the dignitaries stay there (I didn't see any) because it has the veneer of high-end establishments but it could be so much better. At over $500 a night, even Americans are reluctant to stay there but I'm afraid they're the only game in town. Can't somebody build a beautiful, secure hotel in Abouja with a reasonable price tag? I'm sooo disappointed that this property is a Hilton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent say with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to leave a detailed feedback.

Our desire is to deliver the best-in-class experience to all our guests all the time and I am disappointed that we did not succeed at exceeding your expectations during your stay with us.I would like to apologise for all inconveniences you must have experienced whilst staying with us. Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the points you have highlighted as our failures with a view to improving our overall service delivery.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back our hotel soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 26, 2013

if you ever need to go to this unsafe place, transcorp hilton is relatively safe and secure. rooms are clean and spacious. limited options for food and beverages but considered to be one of the good places to eat at in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Saif A
Thanks for staying at our hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed the comfort of our spacious rooms and had a taste of our warm, caring service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Generally, the accommodation is tired, the majority of the staff are not really interested in customer service and the prices are very inflated. Wifi is not available in your room, despite for over a month there being a notice in the room to say that it will be available soon!

2 Thank Dawn S
Thank you for the review of your experience at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am disappointed we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us and would like to apologise for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I am pleased to inform you that we have completed the upgrade of our internet infrastructure and our Guests can now enjoy Wi-Fi connection in the comfort of their bedrooms in addition to wired connection.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward welcoming you back soon.

Madison, WI, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Hotel is well located and well maintained. Better than what I expected but extremely expensive for what you get compared to other Hilton facilities around the world. Over USD $425/night is quite outrageous.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for leaving a feedback about your experience.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and comfort of our hotel. Your comments about our rates are noted; Whilst our prices are determined largely by the cost of providing service, please be assured that we are committed to making sure that our Guests get value for money spent in our hotel.

Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......