“A four star hotel for the price of five stars”

Transcorp Hilton Abuja
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Turku, Finland
“A four star hotel for the price of five stars”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is probably the best and safest in Abuja, but this is also reflected in the pricing. The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are comfortable. The buffet breakfast is excellent with a lot of different options including African specialities. In the evenings the reception area and the bars are crowded with local people gathering there for a chat and a drink.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and you found our hotel to be the best and safest in the city. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Etienne Gailliez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Please provide wireless internet services in all rooms, it is expected that hotel of this high standard, should not lag behind, more especially, now that the world is a global village, and businesses are conducted, mostly through modern telephone gadgets, I pads, Laptops etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for the feedback about your stay experience.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. Your comments about wireless internet are well taken. I am pleased to inform you that by the time you are reading this we would have concluded the upgrade of our internet infrastructure and all our Guests would be able to enjoy high-speed wireless internet connectivity in the comfort of their bedrooms.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kampala
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent 5 wonderful days in Nigeria's capital and I loved the city and the friendliness of everyone around. What stands out most is the hotel I stayed at- the Hilton, the rooms were luxurious, the food delicious, the staff efficient, courteous and helpful I loved everything about the beautiful hotel and was sorry when my stay had to come to an end.
I highly recommend the city and the hotel to any travelers to Nigeria.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team members were at their courteous and helpful best.

All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

NIGERIA, Nigeria
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Overall the Transcorp Hilton in Abuja is outstandingly unique I will always stay in the Hilton anywhere in the world except there is none where I go to. This because of the quality of staff and the facilities in Abuja gives me the impression that the brand is universal. My gold membership and elevation t o the executive club lounge is yet another unique experience. My friends and colleagues are now encouraged to join the Honours because of my personal narration of the very uniqueness of the brand. Thanks to Solomon who handled me the very first day I chose to stay in the Hilton

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for staying with us at our hotel.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Solomon of our Executive Floor was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with him.

We look forward to seeing you back at Transcorp Hilton Abuja soon,

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've been there in April, it was very expensive, very secured, a huge facility suits everybody from business men to politicians, and even families looking for some days away from city troubles, service were good, staff were welcoming, many places to eat, breakfast was excellent, but i had dinned in the NG restaurant and it wasn't that good, rooms were very good, spacious and very clean, view were gardens every where, pool was great, what ever you intend to do, you shall find it there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to leave a review.
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to know that you had a taste of our warm, caring service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I always feel secured when i sleep in this hotel (and i do travell round a lot). On this trip, the staff were very helpful and calmly polite - not too familiar but just ideal. My family will enjoy this as a holiday hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel!

I am so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. All of us at Transcorp Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Here's what it comes down to: the general benefits of staying at a Hilton anywhere are just not worth the cost here. I get that standards are different based on where you are in the world. There is no central air and I'm fine with that, even though the room was a little warm. But generally price goes down with level of amenities, quality and service and that is not the case here. Most staff were very friendly and helpful - if you see Gabriel tell him I said hi :). One was rather rude after I had numerous problems with credit cards and getting internet set up (calls to get internet managed were never returned so I always had to go downstairs). He made it clear that I was annoying him even though it was problems with other staff not following through with things that caused my repeated trips. The food was fine but I would have much rather had more local options at more reasonable prices. Leaving the hotel to eat is tough. Either you walk 1/4 mile to the exit and then get a locally priced taxi (or walk to a good Lebanese place) or you take a taxi from in front of the building for 10x the cost in which case you might as well just pay hotel meal prices. Ok, I realize that when I say 'tough' it's not objectively tough... but the point is everything is too much money and too inconvenient for the amount of $ spent. I will try Protea next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for leaving a feedback about your stay.

I am disappointed that we did not succeed at exceeding your expectations during your stay with us and I sincerely apologise for any inconveniences we must have caused you. I will surely look into the service gaps you have highlighted with a view to ensuring a consistent quality service delivery to all our guests. I would like to assure you of our commitment to delivering a refreshing experience where every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we do hope you will give us another opportunity of being of service to you on your next trip to Abuja.