A year later and the only thing that has remained consistent is its inconsistency with regards to the rooms...... there is ALWAYS something missing or broken/not working.
I was absolutely horrified when I learnt that this hotel is actually rated as the number 1 hotel of the entire African continent with regards to its revenue and number 4 of the entire world.
Considering the aforementioned fact, I feel absolutely disgusted at how arrogant this hotel takes its guests for granted. Clearly they dont have to put in any effort, considering that they dont have any competition in Abuja. This Hilton has high profile and diplomatic passport holders as permanently regular guests. The hotel is over pouring with hookers - many male guests are being pestered so badly in the lobbies, that they retrieve back to their room, as it becomes unbearable to dodge the "attacks".
Unless you are on the executive floor and part of the elite, you can expect anything from missing menus, broken lamps, filthy bathrobes, missing face cloths and old scratchy bath towels.
I cannot believe the hotel has the arrogance of not to bother to have their TV channels fixed. There is a very limited variety of decent channels available and most of those the reception is scrambled at the best weather conditions -unacceptable!!!!...... simply a slap in the face!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Nigeria's capital city in close proximity to government offices, business and diplomatic districts, Transcorp Hilton offers 670 art-deco style rooms and suites for the comfort of discernible travellers. The spacious, bright and airy rooms are complete with original artwork and have large windows with stunning city views. Catch up with work at the desk, check your emails with high-speed internet (fees apply), recline on the mini chaise lounge or simply re-energise in the marble bathroom. From local Nigerian and continental cuisines to themed international buffets, Transcorp Hilton offers a delightful culinary experience with 4 restaurants and 4 bars. The hotel boasts a hi-tech, 1200-persons capacity Congress Hall and 24 meeting rooms. All benefit from natural daylight and individually controlled air conditioning, creating an ideal location for board meetings, press conferences, receptions or private dining parties. The mezzanine and foyer areas surrounding the Congress Hall enjoy natural daylight and provide an ideal location for registration, exhibition or display area, refreshment, breakfast or pre dinner cocktails. For the fitness enthusiast, the hotel boasts a well-equipped fitness center including saunas, a large hexagonal outdoor swimming pool and children's wading pool, 3 tennis courts, 3 squash courts, volleyball and basketball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Transcorp Hilton Abuja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Transcorp Hilton Abuja Hotel Abuja
- Hilton International Abuja
- Hilton Abuja
- Abuja Hilton