“Different to my expectations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Abuja
Bolingo Hotel and Towers
Ranked #44 of 85 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have just spent 6 days at Bolingo and as a white female from the UK was very pleasantly surprised, i came to Abuja to marry my long time partner who resided with me he is Nigerian, we found the standard of the hotel very good, the room we stayed in was on a par with Holuday Inn in Uk, it needed updating alittle ie-: bedside lampshade cover broken and bathroom tiles could do with changing but apart from that it was fine, we had fresh bedding everyday n fresh towels.
The food was a big let down so only ate one main meal just not to my taste n only a small choice to choose from, breakfast was ok choice of continental or british....apart from no bacon....
The bar on an evening houses a resident band who were lovely and played a nice selection of tunes, the tv's in the bar r mostly tuned to sport ...dont forget the ladies not all of us r footie fans!!
The business centre was a massive let down we needed to print a document which would have taken all of 5 mins but network probs had us sat there for 1 hour n 20 mins plus we were charged for our time as u can imagine we were not happy.
The staff we cannot fault they were polite, respectful always pleasant n had a smile and Good morning etc
Security is excellent we unfortunately were in Abuja when the UN building was bombed so it was even tighter, your car is checked on entering the entrance to the hotel so we had peace of mind.
I would advice not to use the swimming pool it looked dirty and had alot of broken tiles on the steps very dangerous if u slipped.
Overall for a first time to the country n what i had been told about it it wasnt too bad. The stay was ok but it was only a base for us as we were there for a purpose, maybe abit overpriced for a basic room

I would recommend this hotel its abit pricey for a standard room £150 per night but we were on our honeymoon

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Alibah

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I spent 2 weeks at the Bolingo Hotel, it is a nice place to be with friendly people and staff.
The rooms are looking good and are clean - unlike what one would expect in Nigeria.
I like the buffet restaurant and the food is good and reasonably priced
Some live entertainment at night provides for some good times.
It is a safe place to be and that is important for me to feel safe.
All in all it is good value for money and the room rate is reasonable for Abuja.

Ron

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank scopias
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with the Bolingo Hotel in Abuja.

My booking was on record, my room ready when I arrived after a strenuous trip with lost airline bookings and missed connecting flights from Johannesburg via Accra .

I was warned about African hotels and especially those in Nigeria - none of this was applicable to Bolingo. One form to complete and sign and your booked in. The room was clean, bedding of excellent quality and TV brand new (variety of channels).

Seemed that there was some recent upgrading done, as paint looked pretty recent with no chips/scratches. Nothing of what I was warned about in African hotels pealing paint, leaking taps, dangerous electrical connections - in Bolingo all of this was in good safe working order, especially the air-con which is essential in Abuja. The furniture which includes a work desk, essential for me on business trips, are new and modern. The fridge in a neat TV-stand cabinet offered free cold bottled water. Internet is free (daily password voucher to collect) and of reasonable speed and reliability. The hotel has its own generator which kicks in effectively during regular Abuja power failures - there is also a UPS in the room - quite nice for this type of hotel.

There is an ATM conveniently located in the foyer to safely withdraw local cash.

The business centre offers printing and binding services - came in quite handy as I was developing a training manual while I stayed there. The free gym has selection of modern equipment and a good workout was possible.

The rates are very competitive to well known hotels chains. The buffet breakfast and dinners are good basic value for money. The yam, farlain and other local dishes offered interesting variety and a taste of Nigerian customary food. At the coffee bar you can buy an assortment of pastry baked items as alternative cheap lunch or snack.

I will be returning to the Bolingo soon - good value for money and Nigerian hospitality on offer. The staff are all quite friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Jurievn
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I was two weeks in Abuja Nigeria, in the Bolingo Hotel, the attention I was hooked and coordial, the staph is composed of very friendly and always willing to help you with your needs, is a hotel that is changing a lot and an accelerated pace because all who work there are working for the client is comfortable for the price and service is the best place to stay in Abuja, is a safe place, the rooms are very well adapted to the Needy of each traveler in particular and what you can afford. Have all the amenities within the premises of the hotel, from banks to gym, the best time is after 9 at night .. have to lower the bar and listen to a music band that plays impressively well. Highly recommended .. Honestly, if concerted want Africa, it is best to stay in a typical hotel but with good service African Greetings ..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2009

No where as bad as people make it out to be. The hotel is an impressive structure, close -ish to the international airport. The rooms are basic but clean. The views from the 5th floor and above are very impressive. Staff are helpful. The food and restuarant menu are very good. I didn't go to the nightclub or pool side but I heard good things about the facilities. Their gym is the best I have seen in any hotel - worldwde!!!! The things I did not like were some staff always trying to be funny with the change and (maybe you like this) ladies of the night tend to wait outisde the hotel...luckily they are kept at bay unless a guest takes them in.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2009

One could do a lot worse -- it doesn't stink and is clean. One could also do much, much better. It looks reasonably nice from the outside, which helps magnify the disappointment once inside. Some notes:

-at check-in: ``Do you want hot water or internet''?

-45 minutes to check in due to them messing up the reservation. Multiple other guests reported same.

-took a technician 3 hours to get internet anyways.

-nastiest pillows ever. Called 3 times for more, none arrived. Nabbed some from the open room next door, and they were taken from me the next day.

-Lighting in the breakfast room is suitable only for a prison or some cop-shop interrogation room.

-8am and half the dishes are empty. Nobody replacing them.

-Not that there was very much edible for breakfast anyways.

-Got scolded for serving myself coffee (after asking 3 times and waiting 10 minutes)

-the business center is a waste of time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank adamstpatrick
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Bolingo Hotels and Towers Abuja. The environment is good and clean. I came in to Bolingo to have fun due to the literal meaning of its name while on business trip because am quite a funny person. The front desk and room service are excellent, Foods are inviting, and the pool is neat while the rooms are comfortable. Everything is functional and I really enjoyed my stay. Guess I’ll still visit Bolingo on my next Trip.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business