“I enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Abuja
Dallas, Texas
“I enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Spent 2 nights last december at sheraton. The staff was very responsive and attentive to any requests. Internet worked fine. Food (breakfast buffet) was excellent. Location is good.
I will be coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for the review, hope to see you back in Abuja soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Darmstadt, Deutschland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The room was spacious and clean even so it looked a bit old and worn out. The bathroom was clean as well and I didn't see any bugs crawling around, something you usually expect in these places. The breakfast buffet was very good, many choices. Considering that it is located in Nigeria you cannot fail it...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time, it really means a lot to us.
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dear Sheraton world management, pleas make yourself a great favor and pay someone to take this place out of your otherwise respectable and regarded network. The place does not worthy of carrying the Sheraton brand and is only damaging it.
Even the 'recently renovated room' ridiculously named 'superior' and charged at close to 200 euro per night, are old, outdated, filthy and gloomy. Ants and other bugs in the room are not a rare site and although its Africa if I'd like a nature vacation I'll take a tent in the wilderness and not a 'superior room in a Sheraton '.
Staff is nothing more than useless with no ability to make any meaningful answer unless its within their written guide of what to do and what to say.
Breakfast was disgusting and although itms had some visual resemblance to things you may know, flavor was nothing even close.
But the funniest thing is the fact you need to get your bags x-rayed every time coming in, and after the first time you realize that no one is actually looking at the screen and I'm not even sure the machine was working - very reassuring !

Room Tip: Good room is probably in another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AyoAnj, Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you Y66 for taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time.

However, It might interest you to note that the hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment which will address all the issues you mentioned. The other concerns you raised will be addressed with the relevant departments as well.

Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

We hope to have the honour of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Abuja.

Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Abuja hotels

Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is long overdue some TLC. The accommodation is very tired and, in places, dilapidated. The room I stayed in had dated and broken furniture, thread bear and stained carpets, no safe, inoperable power points, nicotine coloured paint, and intermittent noisy air conditioning. That said, it was kept clean by the room attendant, and the linen and towels were changed on a regular basis. The bed was clean and comfortable, the shower hot, and the fridge cold - so I could almost live with the rest. Despite the condition of some of the rooms, I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and there are areas of the hotel that are of a reasonable standard, including the lobby, restaurants, and gym. Breakfast was very good, with a wide choice of food, albeit very overpriced (about £20 a head, irrespective of what you eat). The restaurants are all well maintained, with pleasant decor, and a good choice and quality of food, but again very overpriced. Wine was also ridiculously expensive (£30+ for what I would describe as a £5.99 quaffing plonk).
The hotel has a unsupervised outdoor pool, which is of an acceptable standard but needs some landscape repairs, and a gym which is reasonably well equipped and has some modern fitness equipment.
I have experienced far worse hotels in my travels around Africa, but hotel chains, and the African service industry, need to wake up to the fact that business travellers deserve far better than this. Overall, this hotel is not 'Sheraton' standard and really does need some major investment. The staff, in the main, provided very good service, but this does not detract from the fact that this hotel charges premium prices for sub-standard accommodation in the knowledge that they have guaranteed business customers. The litmus test is - would I bring my family here? No.

Room Tip: Stipulate on arrival that you want a safe, a refurbished room, and 'non-smoking'. No guaran...
1 Thank Singbe
Thank you so much Singbe for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Sheraton Abuja Hotel. Your opinion is highly valued and we are grateful that you could share it with us.

Our sincere apologies that the room you stayed in was not comfortable enough. To that, It might interest you to know that the hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment. This will address all the issues you mentioned. We also appreciate you did point out that the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Sincerely
Lagos
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I came from Lagos and my company booked me to stay a night at Sheraton, first the lady at the front desk (Blessing by name) was so rude!! I stayed in 7th floor, everything in the room was old and faded. I was so disappointed, I am a Nigerian and I expected more from Sheraton.
Even the food was just average... I doubt if I will use Sheraton again especially because of the way the Blessing lady attended to me..

Layi +2348052603665

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AyoAnj, Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We are grateful that you could take out time to write a review of your stay at the Sheraton Abuja Hotel. Your opinion is highly valued and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We would like to assure you that your next stay would be a memorable one. The hotel is also scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues you mentioned.

I would love to have the opportunity of meeting with you when next you come to our Hotel. We hope to see you back soon and wish you all the best.

Dakar, Senegal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Manager apologised and said that a huge multi million dollar refit was agreed and was already starting. However that won't stop the staff lying about the condition of the rooms.."I want a room with a safe please?" "Of course, this room has a safe Madam?"...'Well it must be invisible'. Food very poor, Swimming pool could be cleaner. All very very run down. My first room all the furniture was broken - the sliding wardrobe doors, didn't, they jsut fell on you as did the double glazed windows. The bed was rickety, stains on the carpet and coverlets, cracked bathroom fittings. And this was apparently a 'superior room'. When I came back and asked for a change of room...it was all very difficult, and asking for non smoking was impossible. This is supposed to be a Sheraton for goodness sake with 5 star prices to match. Don't go there - ever.

Room Tip: There is a noisy road side and a quiet side. the problem is that when you ask for the quiet side th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Sheraton Abuja Hotel. Your opinion is highly valued and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The hotel (as you may already know), is scheduled for a full refurbishment and this will address all the issues you mentioned.

Lagos
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the this hotel thats supposed to be either 4 or 5 star but please don't expect better than a European 2 star.
I wander what the regular rooms will be like, as I stayed in room 813 on the Preferred guest "Club" floor, what a mess!
There were no pillow cases on the pillow, everything was dated and had a slight smell, it was dirt floors, horrible, horrible bathroom.
Since I paid for an all inclusive, I expected to see a healthy breakfast but alas! I was disappointed with limp vegetables and croissants as hard as scones.
Sheraton need to remove their brand name from that hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are grateful that you could take out time to write a review of your stay at the Sheraton Abuja Hotel. Your opinion is highly valued and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The hotel is also scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues mentioned.