“Great Staff”

Sheraton Abuja Hotel
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel especially Margaret, customer relations, Hannah in the lobby bar and staff at the Boathouse went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, thankfully a much needed refurbishment of the non club rooms is ongoing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time. The hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues mentioned.

I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Magret was thrilled with your comments, thank you. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Abuja Hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

So I stayed here over a year ago for a business trip and it was terrible. Unfortunately my company gets some kind of deal here so I had to stay here again.
I came here knowing what to expect but hoping they would have renovated and overhauled some thng. Negative!!
Carpets are still coming off, showers/tubs look 200yrs old, wood is peeling off doors,ceiling is peeling too. general structure looks solid but not properly mainting just painted to look a bit better. Furniture, upholstery and everythng else is so old I feel like they ooze germs.
Sharaton, this is a big disgrace to your standards, SPG same thng.
The swimming pools do not look inviting at all cos the floor tiles or watever r so old n discouloured.
Staff are quite friendly but restaurant food taste can be improved. Variety is pretty good tho.
Not worth the money AT ALL!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank ShallyWaly

Please be assured that where possible we immediately addressed the concerns you have mentioned. My sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectations. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was ashamed to see how much this hotel had deteriorated over the years, the sheer lack of maintenance is appalling, and the horror stories I've read on here are entirely justified. The staff are lazy and incompetent, from the desk staff to the guards/parking lot attendants. The only thing it has going for it is it's location in Abuja. The thing that takes the cake is the price! How dare they charge 5 star prices for awful motel experiences. Avoid at all costs! Clearly this hotel has slipped under global management's radar, because even if it is a franchise this is unacceptable! It reflects poorly on the brand and someone should really look into it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tumzine

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I give it one star because there is no option to put zero stars.

Had to change the room 3 times on the first night; one time it was filthy, second time the shower did not work, third time the door was broke, the 4th time I gave up as it was 1am by then.

6 months after my stay, they stole 1600USD from my credit card and my bank classified it as credit card Freud. Luckily the card insurance covered for it.

Hotel needs an overhaul of the venue, management and staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shadi A
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel has great potential. The staff are great and they seem to overcompensate in their eagerness to help due to the dated state of the furniture in the room. This hotel needs to accelerate its renovation to compete with the Hilton etc. Much as they try to keep the rooms clean and they do try, there is only so much you can do with a hotel that needs a complete overhaul. Certainly not a holiday hotel for me..just a short business "get in and get out".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

My sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectations. Thank you for the comments on my staff, they are great. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Despite reading the other reviews I stayed here for two nights in a club floor room. Yes the hotel is tired but the room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. There is a great internet service and a well equipped gym and pool area. The staff were wonderful and Barbara in the club lounge was just great, so friendly. I would stay here again and will do in my next visit. You cannot expect european standards in Africa, so please don't judge them by these standards. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Not the sparkler she used to be, but Sheraton Abuja is still excellent value for money. Try the towers, up on the 10th floor, poolside view and at night appreciate the grandeur and promise of what Abuja could be. Best night's sleep in a long while and the cuisine is still seven star. Nobody, and I mean no-one comes close. Reception is still under-manned, so check-in is still a bit of a bore and who still uses old-fashioned, heavy manual glass doors! C'mon! But, I'm still stuck on them. For the serious business traveller, avoid the carnival clutter of Hilton. Do Sheraton.

• Stayed: May 2013
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for the lovely comments, it realy means so much to all of us.