“Sheraton Hotel Abuja - Noticeable Improvement”

Sheraton Abuja Hotel
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I did a review late last year on the Hotel and i gave them a 2 star.

Since then, i have consistently seen improvements in the facilities, rooms and above all and much more courteous and happy staff.

There is even stories flying around amongst the Taxi drivers about a new Manager causing a change in the Hotel. This is applaudable and encouraging.

I will recommend it now even though there is still room for improvements

Room Tip: Upper floors definitely. Most of them have been upgraded and you also get a good city view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time. The hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues mentioned.

My sincere apologies for our failure to still meet your expectations, we are working hard at it and will get there. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My first stay in Sheraton Abuja was awesome, the quality of service and reception was terriffic, I had a warm reception from Rose Onyenweuzo,she made my stay comfortable.
The atmosphere at the hotel was refreshing, breakfast @ papillion was great, and I had a swell time at the restaurant obudu grill. The. Swimming pool was warm and inviting. though I noticed some downside to the hotel, like some facilities being old and needing replacement, but I'll still pick the sheraton again and again to other hotels in Abuja.

• Stayed: March 2013
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next. Thank you for the lovely review, much appriciated

Reviewed March 29, 2013

On arrival it took 90 minutes before I was actually in my own room, due to mix up over reservations that were reproduced when my colleagues arrived a day later so clearly this is a systemic failure not a one off. I resented having to pay for an extra night for an early check in (Chelsea doesn't do this) and inflexibility on late check out even though the hotel wasn't full.
Food is ok. Bar prices are astronomical. Staff is friendly but often slow and unfocused. Poor training rather than poor intentions.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Please be assured that where possible we immediately addressed the concerns you have mentioned. My sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectations. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Was an excellent welcome,meet ROSE onyenweuzo who made my stay a memorble one, will definatly introduce sharaton abuja to my friends in london. And will shurly stay here again.the rooms where clean and d security was excellent.food was great and I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: March 2013

I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I never thought of doing a review but having heard many complaints of this hotel I thought I should add my views as a SPG member.
Yes the hotel is showing many signs of age but they are trying to give it a face lift. The reception area is modern and the front desk people are helpful. Also situated in the reception area are the 'Guest Relations' girls who are so helpful and go out of their way to help - thanks.
I have had reason to complain whilst here over the last 5 weeks but each complaint was dealt with quickly and in a professional manner. My first room was not of a 5 star standard, nowhere near but I was soon moved to a room which was modern, clean and well equipped.
The service I have received from the staff has met my expectations and at times gone beyond so I would like to pass on my thanks to all staff from the Deputy General Manager to those you do not see behind the scenes, thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next. Thank you for the lovely review.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

How this hotel still bears the Sheraton brand is beyond explanation! The hotel is in poor condition - paint peeling off the walls, air conditioning broken in the two rooms I had, filthy bathroom and shower. The lobby is the nicest thing about the hotel. Beyond this area, it all starts to go south real quick. I had the opportunity, more like an experience, to be present when the hotel was cleaning my room. It smelled like they cleaned the floor with turpentine! I had to air out my room for almost 30 minutes to get rid of the odor, which brought on a nasty headache for me. The bathroom is in poor condition (both rooms), I had ants in the second room, and the balcony sliding doors were almost impossible to get open/closed. I will not stay here again and recommend you look elsewhere, like the Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time. The hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues mentioned.

Please be assured that were possible we immediately addressed the concerns you have mentioned. My sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectations. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My stay in the sheraton made me feel very welcome by Rose Onyenweuzo. She was very friendly and polite and pleasure to meet. She makes yours stay worth while and gives you special treatmeant.
I defiently recommend a stay at the Sheraton hotel Abuja.

• Stayed: March 2013
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Your constructive review means a lot to us, thank you. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.