“Average hotel”

Sheraton Abuja Hotel
Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is not the best hotel in the city but its ok for short stay. The swimming pool is big enough and in a quite place while the gym is very small and dirty. The food is generally good but expect to wait a long time before be served. The hotel has also a discotheque that become crowded from friday to sunday. The staff is generally friendly and polite.

Room Tip: I personally enjoyed the grill at Obudu restaurant. Rooms are generally noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time. The hotel is scheduled for a full refurb, which will address all the issues mentioned by you.

I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future. Please do contact be when you are in Abuja next.

Kind regards.

t — +234.9.4612000 f — +234.9.4601511

SHERATON ABUJA HOTEL
1 Ladi Kwali Street, P.M.B 143, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
sheraton.com/Abuja Also on &

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is the absolute worst Sheraton anywhere on the planet!

While some of the staff is helpful, I picked the check-in agent who took 30 minutes to input my credit card details, copy my passport, search for a key, etc etc I could not figure out what was taking him so long, while the other agents were checking in one person after the other.

The entire place is in a general state of disrepair and neglect. My room had a strong musty smell, the battery of the safe was empty, burned out lightbulbs in the bathroom. Some of my co-travelers changed rooms several times because the A/C was not working or dripping, etc.

The most interesting thing (for a Sheraton) is that the hotel is actually a thriving brothel. When entering the elevators, there is a register - I was not asked to put my name down, but at night I observed several (admittedly very attractive) ladies putting down their names. I assume this is to keep track of their fees back to the hotel. The Elephant bar is the showroom for the ladies, so not recommended when looking for a simple dinner.

Quite unbelievable that this hotel is permitted to carry the Sheraton brand!

Room Tip: Apparently there are refurbished rooms, but all I saw was that the tile floor had been replaced with...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Okaapi
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time. The hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues mentioned.

Please be assured that where possible we immediately addressed the concerns you have mentioned. My sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectations. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The banqueting staff was the most helpful and organised team during my stay at the Sheraton in Abuja. The conference went very well and all staff was always at hand to assist during our 5-day conference. I have stayed in a few Sheraton hotels before, even in Harare, Zimbabwe, so I was quite dissapointed in the state of the bedrooms... The lobby was clean and access to wi-fi was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Katrina A

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Where to start...Let's do the positive point it will be quick. The italian restaurant is doing ok pizza for nigeria but don't expect anything better than the worst pizza hut...The obudu grill on the other hand is serve really nice meat. Voila for the rest it is a tragedy that Sheraton gives this hotel the franchise the rooms are dirty and old the lounge upstairs smell bad and serve disgusting breakfast, the hotel bar is a aggressive hooker place.
Price are cheaper than the Hilton but 250 Euros for this dump is high street robbery. When you know the kind of money that is floating around in Nigeria leaving the sheraton franchise to property is an insult for the brand and customer who are lured in by the brand and find themselves in a s...hole!

Room Tip: just avoid this hotel spend an extra 100 euros and go to the hilton
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FRENCHBIZTRAVELER

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family holds an SPG membership and since i live in abuja i was eager to use the point for a quiet retreat with the girlfriend. The receptionist was extremely lovely, thereby giving me high hopes for the rooms and service.

Here is where the trouble started:

The elevators were shaky and frankly quite scary ( i hear they've been remodeled)
there was water dripping all over the corridors
the toilet seat was circular while the toilet bowl was square, very uncomfortable to use
the furniture was thread bare and from the 80s i must say
TV channel selection was poor
the room service took ages, my girlfriend actually ran out of the hotel to get a shawarma from a restaurant and was back in bed before the spaghetti bolognaise arrived (good laugh)

the hotel was too expensive for the poor service

my trip was in 2011 heard some work has been done

Room Tip: as for new rooms facing the highway it has a good view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Absolutely shocking hotel. Run down, noisy and overpriced. Very low standards. If you are forced to stay in this hotel very least you need to do is make sure you're well away from the Elephant bar which is noisy and seedy.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Honestcritic99999999
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I read reviews before deciding to give this hotel the benefit fo the doubt because I heard it was being upgraded. I insisted on seeing a room before confirming and checking in. The front desk took 15mins before arranging this simple task. One quick look at the room and I was on my way out. Furniture was disgraceful (definitely same ones from the 90s or possibly 80s), the mattress was hard as a rock. There was noise from the highway. Only the floor looked like it had been upgraded to wooden laminate. And I was supposed to pay $400 for this "luxury"! The next morning, a business partner who stayed there said he had no hot water. I was told the executive floors were better (albeit at a cost). When last did the folks at Sheraton (Starwood Hotels) group visit this hotel?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business