The Nordic Villa
TripAdvisor
Tranquil Mews(Abuja)(Great Value!)
$35
TripAdvisor
All reviewsexcellent coffeeplace to staysister hotelhome away from homebreakfast roomlounge arearooms are clean and comfortableorder foodenjoyed my staycomplimentary breakfastother hotelsan upgradegeneratorbusinessnigeriainternetpower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here for three nights this week. And my choice of Nordic Villa was completely borne out of the reviews on Trip Advisor.

I’m not much of a hotel person and I have actually stayed in very few hotels in Abuja before now so I may not have many to compare with. That said, I have to give it to the very personal nature of the hotel with its extra pleasant staff. I also have to give it to their level of cleanliness, which I truly could not fault, and their attention to detail; even to bug spraying my room every day which was very impressive.

The few complaints which I had and which I didn’t even get the time to complain because it was a very busy trip for me were that the fridge in my room (Oslo) gave a slight shock when I touched without footwear, the sheer transparent curtain in the bathroom needs to be changed to something more opaque and I’d do with a bigger duvet (I’m on the big side) rather than the two small ones on the bed.

I had very good sleep all the nights I was there and I’d been excited about trying the other rooms in the hotel, which I’d probably love better because they’ll be bigger. I didn’t have the time to take in the very homely ambience of the hotel and even the breakfast because I was always on the go but it’d be good to come back and experience it all. I also saw that there was a free 10th night on their loyalty programme. I’d definitely want to take that up!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Shadekadir, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. The team and i are very happy to welcome travellers from different part of the world as we try to ensure that every individual receives the best service we can offer. We are happy that despite your busy trip, you were able to experience little of our touch of hospitality.
Because of our attention to detail, your complains has been attended to immediately and we hope to welcoming you soon to one of our bigger rooms to have a feel of the true Nordic.
We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I normally stayed at the the Nordic Residence whenever in Abuja, but this time decided to go to the Nordic Villa based on reviews from Trip Advisor.
I booked the Stockholm Room online without really knowing what to expect but it turned out to be a wonderful experience.
All I am looking for is cleanliness, and the Villa offers cleanliness and more.
Room and bed spreads clean. Bathroom clean.

One comment however is, in the bathroom on the wall near the toilet above the waste bin, there are some brownish spots that are offensive. I dapped a tissue and tried to rub off a bit but it wasn't coming off.
Maybe it is a permanent stain, but whatever it is, it should be painted over or cleaned because it takes away from the overall cleanliness of the accomodation and is gross.

Another comment is I was served instant coffee instead of the expresso I requested. But this is something I am willing to overlook. I am just mentioning because I know you are trying to pay attention to details and need all the feedback you can get to run a great hotel in Abuja.

Other than that - everything is fine, staff friendly, ordered food arrived on time etc

I know that I will stay in the Nordic Villa again

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room hence cannot be much help here
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Amma555, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. The team and i are very encouraged by your detailed feedback. We sincerely appreciates your comments because detail is what we stands for.
I assure you of our immediate attention to the observations you've raised. I personally promise to serve you Nespresso at your next visit to The Nordic Villa, Abuja.
We promise to always meet your expectations as we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Fortune

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I would recommend the nordic villa to all and sundry: a quiet, serene and refreshing environment...the staff are cool, and Mr Fortune(the manager) is uniquely gifted in the art of making customers feel relaxed.

i know that things can only get better. see you all at the top!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear fqtee, On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, i would like to thank you sincerely for taking out time to post a review of your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are grateful for your patronage.
We are pleased to see you have enjoyed your visit to us. As you rightly said, things can only get better as we strive to offer our esteem guests the best at all times.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Fortune

Reviewed March 13, 2014

After having stayed several times at The Nordic Residence, I decided to give the villa a try. I arrived Sunday at noon, which I had announced by email some days prior to my arrival, and waited more than an hour until I could get into the room. I know, official arrival is 15h, but that is why I announced that my flight arrives late morning and I would be there around noon.
The room, Oslo, was up to the expected standard, except for the more than half empty ice cream box someone left in the freezer. And the rather weak (=slow) internet signal (2 out of 5 bars).
Breakfast was disappointing; it took 2 attempts to get a fried egg, sunny-side-up, with the egg yolk not destroyed; the selection card asks you to choose between fries, fruit and yoghurt, however, there are no fruits or yoghurt (same on the following morning, nobody bothered to buy fruits or yoghurt, not exactly difficult in Africa, they sell pineapple, popo, banana, mango, apples etc. on every street corner); there was also not the slightest attempt to make up for this deficiency, for example by offering a second cup of coffee, extra jam or juice, two eggs instead of one, anything.... the coffee is served with a sugar bowl, but no milk (on both mornings, I did however get milk when I asked for it).

Room Tip: They said the WIFI router was upstairs; if you need internet, stay upstairs
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear artalmon, The Nordic Villa team and i thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated in guiding our efforts. We are pleased to hear that the room you stayed was up to the expected standard. We sincerely apologise for the delay in check in. We are pleased to let you know that our internet is working perfect in all rooms, lobby and other important areas now.
We also apologise for the bad experience you had with the breakfast, all these has been corrected and we promise to make it up during your next visit. Your feedback has helped us greatly to put a lot of things in order.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have stayed at the Nordic Villa several times now and can recommend it to travelers looking for affordable, clean, safe and friendly environs when in Abuja. Mr. Fortune and his staff always do their best to make the visit pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Marlene M, We sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments. The trust imposed on us will never be taking for granted. We promise to live up to expectation at all times. We know it takes courage and trust to recommend The Nordic Villa to all. This gesture will enhance more commitment to the task ahead of us.
We take you as part of us and your presence will always be appreciated.
We wish you well in all your endeavours.