“Very nice place in Nigeria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Nordic Villa

The Nordic Villa
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Abuja
NW Oregon
“Very nice place in Nigeria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very nice place to stay, very clean.Exceptional manners from the staff. Leave your key at the front desk so the room gets cleaned as you leave for the day (I didn't get that until they finally told me!) No worries about your belongings, but if you do worry they have a safe in every room. They don't have a restaurant, but they have a service that will bring you food for N1000 which is really cheap. AND if you give them more than what it costs, perhaps you have a N1000 note and only need a N500, they wi;ll bring you the change. From my experience they are good people. Power fluctuates, as you would expect, but they have generators that are on-line as quick as you can blink. I'd give this place 5 stars for Nigeria. I'm heading to Lagos tomorrow morning, I'm told I'll be glad I stayed in such a nice place as the Nordic Villa.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Thorshaven room, It was fine for me. Good for a single or couple, not with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jonassl, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are happy that we were able to make your stay both memorable and enjoyable through the exceptional manners from our humble staffs. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
benin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My first stay at the Nordic Villa was really a memorable one. I had spent hours trying to get a quiet and clean hotel in Abuja. The Nordic was my third try and we (my family and I) were pleasantly surprised.The environment was serene and just right. The room was nice and pretty.
Ever since I have booked well in advance.
Variety in the food menu should be considered please.

Room Tip: Like the Pori room. Nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive review of The Nordic Villa, Abuja. Whilst we are grateful for your kind review and been able to meet your taste and search in Abuja, we also want to let you know that your observations are already looked into and we are already working on the varieties of breakfast. We promise to make your next stay a more memorable one.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Nordic Villa is a very welcoming hotel run by friendly and professional staff. As a solo female traveler I felt very safe there. My only suggestion would be to add more options to the breakfast menu beyond toasts & jam and eggs, e.g. cereals. Also, it would be nice to be able to have dinner at the hotel.

The hotel offers good value for money and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I spent 7 nights in the Helsinki Room, 1 in the Oslo and 1 in the Stockholm. They were all clean and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Virginia C
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your time.
We are happy that you found our staff friendly and professional. This is what we strive to be every day and to meet our valuable guest's standards.
We are already looking into your observation in addition more options to our breakfast.

Fortune
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Six (6) nights was spent well at Abuja due to my choice of Nordic Villa which is well located, decent with friendly staff willing to help out in any way; Aarhus room served my purpose. Just have to thank all staff for taking good care of guest who had a car accident and spent time with me resting while I went on business meetings.

Its the best place to stay, I have started spreading the word around, pick-up couple of card from the front desk - they have been deposited/handed out to well intended visitors here in North America.

Michael

Room Tip: Every room is perfect!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MichaelNCanada
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear MichaelNCanada,

On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, I thank you for taking the time to review The Nordic Villa on TripAdvisor. We are not only grateful for your encouraging comments but also for your patronage, which is never taken for granted.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Nordic Villa.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at this guesthouse in March 2013. Traveled as a family with an infant. Pretty decent. Good value for money. Very helpful staff. Based on reviews here, we stayed at the Copenhagen (one of the junior suites). Room was ok. The only thing that was a little concern was an occasional sound (maybe plumbing or so) that we heard in the bathroom - (forgot to bring this up with Fortune and his team), asides that.. everything else was great! I liked the breakfast and the fact that you could order for extra, if need be. (tho' i'm not much of an eater though). There are clean cabs on standby should you need to go out. The generator came on quickly during power outages. Oh yeah... another thing i didn't like was the limited number of TV channels. I suggest TNV gets a bouquet with more TV channels.

That being said, I'll definitely be staying here when next i'm in Abuja. Thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Aniffy,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at The Nordic Villa, Abuja.
We have carefully noted all your comments and the observations you raised, and we will urgently attend to them since our growth and success lies in attending to observations from our valuable guest like you.

Kaduna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Nordic Villa for three nights during the past week and were once again impressed with the value for money the establishment offers in the Abuja context. All staff members were friendly, helpful and doing their best to make our stay enjoyable. Definitely the best place to stay if you need to do business in Abuja.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ben M,

Thank you from The Nordic Villa team for taking time to provide such a great recommendations and encouragements, following your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja.
I am very pleased you find our value and services impressive of the standard you expect. We look forward in welcoming you back during any future visit to Abuja.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in January 2013 during my last visit to Nigeria and it was splendid. Precious visits to Abuja had been marred by my difficulty in getting a decent hotel that was reasonably priced... This was until I discovered The Nordic Villa. Staffs were very polite and the hotel and rooms were very clean. Fortune, the manager was always keen, friendly, polite and on hand to accommodate and be at your service. It is highly recommended & I will visit again when next in Abuja.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Switch4u,
Thank you for your constructive comments following your stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. It is very useful for us to have such input as it greatly assists and refresh our services and commitments.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.