“Home away from home”

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Abuja
Nairobi
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nordic Villa offers very good value for money. It is a little out of the centre, but a taxi ride to just about anywhere will only set you back 2-3 Euros. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. Most rooms have a bath, but no walk-in shower, which I missed terribly. The WiFi works fine. Power cuts are common all over Nigeria, but the backup generator is reliable. For a decent meal, be sure to visit Wakkis. Ask the desk how to get there. Nordic Villa does not serve evening dinner although they can organise a take-away for you if you ask (they do breakfast, be it simple and over-priced). I went to next door Hotel Chida every now and again; they do a very decent buffet in the evening. Nearby Hotel 3J's have a decent hair dresser. Enjoy your visit. I did!

Room Tip: All rooms are of the same Scandinavian standard.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear BastiaanR

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time to review The Nordic Villa. We are happy that you appreciated the comfort in our rooms and our room rates. We take pride in having a place in Abuja where price and quality match.

We do realize that the power cuts can be frustrating sometimes but we try our best to provide a super fast back-up solution. I’m happy that you found it reliable.

Your input is very valuable and is helping us understand where we are getting it right, and where we can improve. We always strive to provide the highest standards of service and comfort to our guests, and it is only through observations like yours, that we can improve our hospitality and services.

We hope to welcome you back to The Nordic Villa, Abuja soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Excellent hotel kept in the Scandinavian style - clean, nice and simple.
Friendly staff and security's good.
Reasonable prices.
Nice and calm area with easy access to all areas of Abuja and the airport.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Hans
Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to welcome you back in The Nordic Villa soon again.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I came across the Nordic Villa on the Internet and after reading a number of reviews from previous customers I decided to send a relative to check it out. His physical assessment was fantastic and straightaway he put down a deposit for me. Next day my mother-in-law who was visiting Abuja with her friend changed her booking to Nordic Villa. We even tried to get a 3rd room for my brother-in-law but they were booked out.

I didn't have breakfast in the hotel so I can't comment on that. But I had great service from Simon who got snacks for me when I need some comfort food.

The room I stayed in (Pori) was just perfect for my needs. It was superbly clean, the bed was perfect. My only two grouses were the lack of a lock-up safe and the slow run-off of water in the shower.

But without a doubt if I am in Abuja and need hotel accommodation it will definitely be the Nordic Villa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the kind review. We are very happy that we lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased that many of our guests take their time to review us. This makes it easier for other guests to make their decision.

We are always trying to improve our hotel and making every stay the best experience possible for our guests. We are working on the water pressure in The Pori Room and also trying to find a good solution with safes. Hopefully you will see and experience this again next time we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Nordic Villa.

Hurghada, Egypt
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Simon should spend less time on a Mac and more on looking after guests. Breakfast is expensive and not value. Fortune only seems to be able to talk on the telephone and takes no pride in his work. Some rooms and open spaces look like they are under repair. All in all having discussed this with Fortune I am surprised he did not address the problems. Plus a working generator would be nice

Room Tip: On arrival make sure you know what you are paying for.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank wambua d
, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry that you've had those experiences when staying with us. We always strive to service our guests the best way possible and considering the other reviews we feel that we most often succeed in doing so. We hope that we can welcome you back in The Nordic Villa again some time and will definitely try our very best to make your stay a pleasant experience.
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My discovery of the Nordic Villa was fortuitous, via the internet, and it has been one of my great discoveries. The picture on the internet looked too good to be true, definitely not in Abuja, I thought. Given my recent visit to one of the Scandinavian Countries the name was another pull to check it out.

I had visited several hotels and guest houses and was about to settle for less but the moment I was walking through the rooms. I knew this was where I would stay. The room rates made the decision a no brainer. Everyone was warm and pleasant from day one to the last.

I looked forwarded to going back to my room after work daily from March through June. Now I have a home at the Nordic Villa.

Room Tip: If you love space the Stockholm should be your least choice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ToyeAbraham
Cincinnati
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in the Copenhagen Room and were delighted with the accommodations. Heidi found the Nordic Villa on the internet and our Nigerian hosts went by the hotel and sent us a message that her choice would be to our liking. The Nordic Villa staff is very courteous and knowledgeable, even putting together a champagne birthday party for me! We will always return to the Nordic Villa when in Abuja!

Room Tip: The Copenhagen Room afforded us the comfort to entertain guests with ease.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaverStacy
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at the Nordic Villa for 9 days in May 2012. What a beautiful place! In contrast to the other hotels in Abuja this is HEAVEN. All the rooms and the lobby are tastefully furnished and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. I had a driver, Didi, who was very responsible and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel. There is nothing else in Abuja that comes even close!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business