“Terrible service”

Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Hurghada, Egypt
“Terrible service”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Simon should spend less time on a Mac and more on looking after guests. Breakfast is expensive and not value. Fortune only seems to be able to talk on the telephone and takes no pride in his work. Some rooms and open spaces look like they are under repair. All in all having discussed this with Fortune I am surprised he did not address the problems. Plus a working generator would be nice

Room Tip: On arrival make sure you know what you are paying for.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank wambua d
, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry that you've had those experiences when staying with us. We always strive to service our guests the best way possible and considering the other reviews we feel that we most often succeed in doing so. We hope that we can welcome you back in The Nordic Villa again some time and will definitely try our very best to make your stay a pleasant experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My discovery of the Nordic Villa was fortuitous, via the internet, and it has been one of my great discoveries. The picture on the internet looked too good to be true, definitely not in Abuja, I thought. Given my recent visit to one of the Scandinavian Countries the name was another pull to check it out.

I had visited several hotels and guest houses and was about to settle for less but the moment I was walking through the rooms. I knew this was where I would stay. The room rates made the decision a no brainer. Everyone was warm and pleasant from day one to the last.

I looked forwarded to going back to my room after work daily from March through June. Now I have a home at the Nordic Villa.

Room Tip: If you love space the Stockholm should be your least choice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ToyeAbraham
Cincinnati
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in the Copenhagen Room and were delighted with the accommodations. Heidi found the Nordic Villa on the internet and our Nigerian hosts went by the hotel and sent us a message that her choice would be to our liking. The Nordic Villa staff is very courteous and knowledgeable, even putting together a champagne birthday party for me! We will always return to the Nordic Villa when in Abuja!

Room Tip: The Copenhagen Room afforded us the comfort to entertain guests with ease.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaverStacy
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at the Nordic Villa for 9 days in May 2012. What a beautiful place! In contrast to the other hotels in Abuja this is HEAVEN. All the rooms and the lobby are tastefully furnished and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. I had a driver, Didi, who was very responsible and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel. There is nothing else in Abuja that comes even close!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Marinix
Stuttgart
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at the Nordic Villa in April 2012, because I married my wife in Abuja.

The place is very nice and clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had the new Aarhus room which is spacious and have a seperate sitting area. The complete furniture is IKEA and imported - so I felt a home immediately. The whole hotel have AC and a generator, which is very nice because there is often no energy in Abuja. They also have working Wireless Internet which can be used for free.
I also recommed the breakfast which offers different dishes (e.g. fried egg, fresh fruits, coffee, cheese, joghurt) for a reasonable price (1200 NGN).
They also offer an airport pickup service and we also booked the car to go to the city for shopping.
On our marriage day the driver dressed the car pretty nice for us and took us from the hotel to the marriage office and back. Afterwards we had a small celebration for which we rent a room within the hotel.
I enjoyed my stay and I will stay there again when I come back to Abuja next year. I stayed at a lot of hotels in Europe but no one have such friendy and helpful staff like Nordic Villa. I love the place :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dominic82
Dakar, Senegal
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I tried Hilton, Sheraton and Chelsea. If you are not looking for the amenities of big hotels, like gym and on-site restaurants, I highly recommend trying Nordic Villa. Rooms are comfortable, even the smaller rooms are quite spacious, and wifi works in the room (better than Hilton and Chelsea where they don't have wifi). It is a bit further out, but the ride was not that bad. Staff are very friendly also.

I'm rating just Very Good instead of Excellent, for the lack of gym.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Stranger499
Worcester
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed at the Villa for a week with Father and Husband. It was so refreshing in comparison to the overpriced chain hotels in Nigeria. We were looked after like royalty by the Manager David and the other staff always had a smile. We were even met at the airport by the manager. The hotel was very clean something we are not used to in Nigerian hotels. The area was quiet and we felt very secure. Do not stay here because of the size, this hotel is good value for money and you will enjoy it a lot more than the Sheraton and Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family