TripAdvisor
Abuja
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We stayed at Peniel for almost 1 month when we had just moved to Abuja and was looking for long-term accommodation. We chose it because we wanted a decently priced place that had a) kitchen and b) more than one room.

The location is good; it is in Wuse II and walking distance to Exclusive Stores where you can do good grocery shopping. It has a small, green compound which is OK. When we stayed there, the pool could not be used.

The rooms are OK but ask to see the room first, they are all different and the newly renovated ones are the best. Kitchen is small but has all you need for a short stay. The beds are rock solid but apparently you can ask to change the mattress (we were only informed about this on the last day).

The breakfast was totally OK for Nigeria (except for the coffee so bring your own). We ordered in one or two times, it was not that great.

The service is good for Nigerian standards. We were actually quite satisfied with the service until our last day when we discovered that there had been a water leak in our room and as a result, our bags that had been standing there had serious mold damages. It was dealt with in a rather unprofessional way but to be fair, the hotel management also gave us a discount plus a partial refund to cover for part of the cost of the bags.

More than that, make sure to negotiate for the price if you are planning a longer stay.

Room tip: Block A was good
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Elina S
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Peniel's location in Wuse 2 is very nice. The rooms are ok. I have a major issue with socket locations in the living room. A long extension cord is needed. The internet is not very good (experience from 3 stays) so get an alternative. Food in the restaurant is fine. The kitchen facilities in the rooms are pretty good. TV selection is fair but some rooms have poor connections. In general, Peniel is just above average

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Grandespinale
Reviewed April 23, 2017

Peniel Apartments is a great please to stay when you are looking for a quiet homely place while you are in Abuja for business. I found Peniel a fully furnished Apartments suitable for family get away.

Room tip: Block C is the most elegant. So tastefully furnished.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Timothy O
Reviewed April 14, 2017

Located in a secure area of Abuja. I have lodged here in 2015 and 2017 and will lodge here anytime. Big living areas, with kitchen, big rooms and balconies. Lack some modernity in the furniture and internet does not work all the time. Nice place for those of us who love space. Not far from nice lounges and nightclubs, good security controls.

Room tip: Higher floors but beware there is no elevator
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank nevattt
Reviewed December 3, 2016

Our office uses the Peniel for staff on travel and I stayed one month. My spacious one bed apartment was on the second floor of A Block overlooking Holy Trinity Catholic Church and relatively quiet with a view of the Rock. My room was repainted just before I moved in. There's a fully equipped kitchen. Towels and linen are changed daily and the room is also serviced daily. Only problem noticed is the lack of water pressure in the shower from about 06.45 - 09.30 and no hot water - assume peak use has something to do with this and its needs to be addressed. Other colleagues advised similar water problems and pealing walls that need a repaint job. Some noisy local bars with loud music Thurs-Fri-Sat. I paid extra for DSTV. Breakfast is included in the rate and is a basic buffet but nonetheless tasty. Very friendly staff that can't do enough for you. Good laundry service. A pool too but I did not use it during my stay. My last weekend there, I was on the balcony late Sunday afternoon when a group of street boys were passing by along the adjacent road. They popped into the bushes in groups of two a defecated in full view!

Date of stay: November 2016