“Very good, just minor faults.”
Review of Hotel De Bently

Hotel De Bently
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent a week here starting at the end of Jan. and overall, it was really good. The room is spacious, the bed was very comfortable, the furniture and bathroom looked recently updated (including a large screen HDTV), and it was very clean. The staff was eager to please and for the most part did an excellent job.

The faults were pretty minor, but worth mentioning. On our first day, the housekeeping staff somehow missed our room. We didn't need more towels, we just needed the garbage cans emptied and that was attended to quickly after a call to the front desk. We had a couple of other maintenance issues and they were also fixed within a short period of time.
The food was great, the Internet was pretty slow as well, but its worth the money paid for. If you tired of staying in Hilton, Sheraton and rockview because of their ridiculous pricing and not getting the services you pay for, the this hotel is a place to try. Overall everything was great, from the management to the staff, their willingness to attend to issues was really amazing. I will definitely recommend to the hotel to other travelers coming into abuja and looking a reasonable pricing and getting your value for money, then try this hotel.

1  Thank Emmanuel B
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel and the service delivery from our team.

We are a driven by a strong desire to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times where every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

There are newer reviews for Hotel De Bently

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I generally felt quite lost in this hotel. It's huge but messy with many corridors. There's a pool and bar for which you have to walk a distance across the parking lot. It lacks style, in fact there isn't any.

The rooms are large, but especially the bathroom needed paint and rehabilitation. Bed, etc. are ok, but there was no internet. Wifi was not operational and the LAN cable did not provide any signal. When I asked for assistance, they send the shoe polisher who didn't know what to do either and finally he took me to the closed business center where I could connect.

Personal was generally friendly, but made it difficult with tickets for breakfast, asking for jobs, offering beautiful Nigerian women, and so on. Somehow, they had already found vacancies page of my institutes website and he wanted to know how to become rice breeder...

This hotel was quite a Nigerian experience (for 160 US$ !!!), but not a good one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is regrettable that you had a bad experience during your stay with us. Our desire is to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times.

It is surprising you had difficulties with internet connection during your stay. Internet facility at De Bently is regarded as the best in Abuja. I will definitely investigate what went wrong during your stay. We take staff discipline very seriously and can not tolerate offers for women at the hotel. This is definitely not what Hotel De Bently stands for or encourages. A full scale investigation has been launched. Be rest assured of my best effort to arrest this ugly situation. All other points are also noted. Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues that you have raised.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Generally experience was good. Staff were pleasant, polite & helpful. Room was clean. Small maintenance needs to be kept on top of. Front desk needs to know content of online deals to avoid embarrassment to guests. Location was great and will be even better once road is finished. Good choice for guests not wanting to pay the costs of the Hilton, Sheraton or Protea.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank LynnNAbuja
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Reviewed January 4, 2013

good hotel i will say good food but your network is bad which the I.T boy ask me to pay which i pay but the network is not good no good IT personl front office the man i see the last time that fix my laptop i did not see him agin look for a good IT person that can do a good job for the hotel i love your hotel thanx

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

The Hotel has engaged the services of a 1st class IT personnel and all the IT problems you witnessed during your last stay has been fully resolved.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Today December 26-2012 I just checked out of de bently hotel after spending 3 nights with my family in Abuja during Christmas. I can't claim it's the best hotel I've been to, but I can still recommend it for people who are not willing to spend 500 dollars a night or more in Hilton or Sheraton (excluding very expensive food and beverages).

De bently's best feature is spacious rooms furnished to taste with modern furniture. I also liked their small gym and swimming pool. Despite the fact that the pool is small (not up to 8m X 16m) but it's very neat and water is being changed constantly.

Their staff are all polite and helpful (despite the fact that they lack more team work and coordination together). The check in and check out did not take up to 5 minutes, and all our complains were answered promptly. Even the manager visited our room himself the first day we came, to make sure that the A/C we complained about is working properly.

They also have three different bars fully loaded with all kinds of drinks with excellent prices.

De bently food menu is also very good, containing varieties of local and continental dishes. And what made them special is that I've never asked for a continental dish and it won't be available (unlike other Nigerian local hotels).

My remarks to the management are: first they shall enhance on rooms cleaning (each time we used to go out and come back, my wife used to call the cleaners to come and clean again under her supervision). Second, they shall plan seriously to have a better restaurant, I mean comon guys!! you have a big and nice hotel in addition to an excellent chef, so why do you have such a small and poorly furnished and poorly decorated restaurant?

One more word I have to say to the staff and management is: please keep the good work and improve by taking all your guests remarks into consideration because we will surely come again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank JibranSaadeh
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

Be rest assured that areas you have expressed concern will be given immediate attention

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I arrived late and was put into a room that was pretty grim. It was right at the end of the building and was run down. The shower cubicle had live electrical leads to the telephone coming out of the wall, the A/C was very noisy and I wasnt impressed atr all - especially for the price.
Breakfast was in a characterless room with service levels that were 'slow' at best and just unprofessional at worst.
Sorry people - wont be seeing me again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Keith1955
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

Your points are noted. Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues that you have raised.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

No team work n dey dnt treat deir staffs well. Staff r always frowned n r nt welled paid!good n wonderful place to stay wen u r in abuja. Wish dey wil ave branches!spacious compound n well vintaled rooms,I love how big de compound is n also de neatness of de swimming pool. De gmy needs more equipments oh to enhance de place!

• Stayed: November 2012
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel, from the well ventilated rooms to the spacious compound and our uncompromising high level of hygiene.

Be assured of my best efforts to address other issues you raised particularly in the area of team work. Also be assured of our commitment to meet the demands of our clients by opening more branches across the country.