“Warm staff and value for your money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel De Bently

Hotel De Bently
Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Abuja
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Warm staff and value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed about 10days on business and really felt the staff were warm, friendly and making every effort to assist, i also got access to the manager for a chat which i felt was good. I believe for what i paid in comparison to other places i got value for my money.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel and the service delivery from our team.

We are a driven by a strong desire to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times where every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

Francis Ogugua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Haven
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I flew 5,000 plus miles and when we got to the hotel they lost our reservation. Funny thing is I had the confirmation and showed them the email. We were told no rooms available and asked to leave. The guard at the gate wouldn't even get up to lift the gate for us, we had to crawl under it. I checked on Hotels.com later on when we were settled and I was surprised to find rooms were available. Don't stay at this hotel, it's over priced, out of the way and pointless.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is regrettable that you had a bad experience during your visit to our property. Our desire is to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times.

As a result of the popularity of Hotel De Bently, it is always advisable that potential guest guarantee their booking by prepaying in advance online. All confirmed bookings are always honored 100%.

Once again, thank you for your views and I look forward to welcoming you at Hotel De Bently on your next trip to Abuja for an opportunity to really experience the Bently Experience.

Managing Director

Travelers are raving about these Abuja hotels

Lagos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hotel de bently is located in a peaceful environment although not too far from the central business districts of Abuja.
Wifi is relatively fast, is free and you can access it in your room and anywhere within the hotel.
There is also complimentary buffet breafast which is served warm.
Staff are friendly and helpful especially front desk staff and facilities is the rooms are ok.
I will be back to hotel de bently in my next visit to Abuja.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

The facility itself is totally fine, but the staff seemed as if they all just began working last week. Their "policies" were inconsistent and my stay was riddled with contradicting information -- can I sign the bill or do I have to pay cash? The answer/policy changed from day to day. Might I have an itemized bill? This wasn't allowed, for some unspecified reason. The list goes on. I won't begin to mention that our "meeting room" was actually the bar... you get the idea! Not sure why this is a top ranked hotel, as they seriously have much learning to do.... Save yourself some frustration and stay somewhere else. I personally won't be back here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank global_traveler1009
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is regrettable that you had a bad experience during your stay with us. Our desire is to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times.

Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues you have raised.

From the 5th of July to 20th July 2012, the hotel has been very busy which has necessitated the employment of adhoc staff. As a result of your experience, we have commenced full training of standby Adhoc staff to always be available for call up whenever the Hotel is as busy as it was during your stay. With this they will be grounded on the hotel policies and trained to understand the exceptional customer service culture of the Hotel.

On the issue of itemized billing, we believe it is your right to have itemized billing. I have raised this issue with the front office staff. Please be rest assured of our best efforts to solving this problem.

The hotel has 3 meeting rooms of different capacity and for different cost implications. Sometimes the bar can be used as a meeting room. This is because of the cost benefits accrue-able to the organizers of the meeting.

I am pleased though that you noticed that Hotel De Bently is a top ranked hotel. This is because of our exceptional customer service and our desire to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all time.

Once again, thank you for your views and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

Kumasi, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have traveled within West Africa and Nigeria for over 10 years. During that time, I have stayed in some good hotels and some really awful ones. Price does not always go hand in hand with the hotel's condition or amenities. The Hotel DeBently has been a wonderful find for me in Abuja. The rooms are great, and staff are great good internet condition good car park good poor side

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank div s
Bonn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I spent 4 nights at De Bently during December 2011. We organised a conference there with nigerian participants. Briefly: It was an excellent event, all participants have been very much satisfied with the conditions! De Bently clearly stands out! It offers excellent value for money, considering quality of the rooms, facilities and staff services.

The room was perfectly clean. All appliances (air-co, TV, safe) in place and working fine. Wireless internet was working fast.

he hotel staff is thoroughly service minded and often "walks that additional mile" to satisfy their guests needs. I just have to praise the service! Room Service, waiters, drivers - without any exception outstanding service orientated! All member of the service team were absolutely friendly, discrete and efficient. This enables us to organize a perfect event without any stress. You feel as a friend in this house.

The hotel's chef is very much talented. All meals that I had at the hotel were well cooked and tasty. Outstanding African Dishes!The breakfast buffet is excellent, with traditional Nigerian food, changing every day.

There is a well-kept swimming pool with waiter services. Adjacent to the pool, a small albeit sufficiently equipped gym is available with generous opening hours and a helpful instructor.

My compliments to the general manager and his staff!

De Bently met and even exceeded my expectations! It definitely merits its 5 stars. We are already planning another conference there in 2012.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jens D
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

The place has so has so much potential, but is completely mismanaged.
I had a RAT in my room which I reported to the front desk. Apparently this amused the man behind the desk, who made absolutely no attempt to address the problem.

Business center is a disaster - there are so many viruses on their PC's that they wiped out my entire memory stick when I asked them to print a document (and found it funny). The staff just seem to lounge around the "business center" with little regard for their actual jobs.
No WIFI in coverage in any of my room(s).

Rooms are a good size and well furnished.
Bathrooms look like they were put together by a 3 year old, and have clearly been thrown together with extremely shoddy construction practices, with REALLY cheap Chinese materials used throughout the hotel.

They obviously discovered low-voltage lights, because I could not see myself in the inthe elevator or bathroom mirror due to the lack of light.

Restaurant is just woefully run. Staff eating food of the buffet when they think you're not looking. Breakfast had been reheated from 1 day ago.

With proper management this place would be great, and it is truly shame.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank nehoe
SkinAbuja, Owner at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, December 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues you have raised.

Your comments on internet access and the business centre are noted. Although all our rooms have fast wifi access but the virus issue is of particular concern to us and be assured that it will be resolved immediately.

I am pleased though that you noticed the potential in our Hotel. We are sincerely working real hard to reach these potentials