“Beatiful Hotel, but Poor Service”
Review of Bolton White Hotel

Bolton White Hotel
Ranked #1 of 174 Abuja B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Bolton Hotel is a beautiful hotel, the design and interior is really impressive, both outside and inside, so naturally you expect a great stay. The menu looks SO promising, with basically everything your heart desires, yet nothing on the menu is available - not even burgers. We received a complimentary breakfast, with bread and baked beans being the only thing available to eat, not even egg. We had to re-order 3 times to eventually get something to eat since nothing was available. It takes them an hour to bring 2 Cokes to the room. The rooms are spacious enough with a bar fridge, AC etc., yet the bathroom looks like it was done in 1980. The taps are breaking; the flow of the water is so weak that a 5min shower turns into 30min.

The bed sheets had stains on it and the lift was broken and we therefor had to walk 4 floors of stairs, luggage and all.

It has been the second time we stayed there, and both times were disappointing. We stayed in the Business Suite which we paid N55,0000 (USD 355) for, so you really do not expect dirty bed sheets and broken taps in your bathroom. It is a double room, yet they only provide ONE towel, ONE cup for coffee etc.

Abuja has many hotels, next time I am willing to spend 355USD, it will definitely not be at the Bolton White.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have stayed at many mid priced hotels in Abuja. The difference between them is not that great and comes down to personal preferences.

I have stayed at both the old and new wing. The latter is to be preferred. I agree with j_stay_13 that the room layout lacks commonsense from an architectual perspective.

On the positive side; rooms are clean, staff are generally attentative, there is a small fitness center and a pool area, their prices are competitive, and reductions can be negotiated.

On the down side, food is not that exciting (but there is an good indian across the road), the quality of service is a mixed bag, last time I stayed at BW (Nov. 2011) it took several days to have my shower battery fixed, their dry cleaning is really slow, check in and out is fine, and they now accept VISA

Room Tip: If staying at new wing, avoid rooms facing the pool side, gets loud'ish during evenings
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Terrible! I have stayed in most of the business hotels in Abuja over the last ten years. This has to be the least customer-oriented. I stayed in the very new (Oct 2011) new wing. Flat screen TVs everywhere - 20' up in the lobby, in the corridors, and even in the bathroom in some rooms. So what? Flashiness doesn't compensate for poorly thought out layouts (the internet cable was on the other side of the room from the desk), a poor finish (the tiling in the bathroom was a joke), and poorly trained staff. Particularly frustrating is that the hotel doesn't have a cashier, yet wants all bills to be settled in cash on the spot. I know how hotels in Nigeria work, but at least others have a cash-point or operate a cashier.

I have given two stars as the food wasn't bad. A saving grace.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel like three times. They have friendly staff and the AC works fine bit generally the rooms are so so basic...so much for calling it deluxe etc etc.not worth more than 1 star. I agree with helennik

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank doke122
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed at their Apartment last year.The fitness area was very clean and nice. The terrace was a sure delight. I felt like a kid again because of the way i was pampared. The staff was great, they did whatever they could to make our stay more cofortable. we didn't have to pay for wireless internet. On a side note, we found the place to be totally safe, never had any safety concerns during our trip.The safe in the room was easy to use and hotel security personnels were easily accesible. I would stay here again if my travels brings me back to abuja.

1  Thank Giaparis
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Hard work should be rewarded. Bolton White know the value of real comfort. They don't do different things, they do things differently. they really focused on the satisfaction of their guests like me...

Reviewed March 7, 2010

I have been willing to put a review about this hotel since i got back, we all loved our stay at the hotel so much . The hotel is beautiful and the location is stunning close to every important place my colleagues and i knew. Our rooms were gorgeous and always cleaned early, the hotel have also got nice Business center, bar and very clean swimming pool. the internet service in our rooms were also very fast and to our liking because we were there on a business trip.
the staffs were all great and always on time when ever we needed them.
best of all there food and drinks were not over priced as i was thinking it would have been . As soon as my colleagues and i got to Bolton White Hotel and noticed the way two security men rushed to us and helped with our bags we knew from then that we were in one of the best hotels in Abuja.
Overall this made our stay at Abuja great and will recommend to so many of my friends going with thier family or on a business trip to drop in at Bolton White Hotel Abuja and exprienced what we all exprienced.
We will definitely go back again.

1  Thank Doctrine