“A Tourist Must For Dinner”
Review of Joe's Beer House

Joe's Beer House
Ranked #2 of 137 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: African
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Joe's Beerhouse is a place for people of all walks of life to meet. It can seat up to 580 guests at a time and is open 7 days of the week. The menu emphasis lies on game meat but also caters for non-meat lovers. It however is not geared toward fine dining. Reservations are essential as the restaurant is well frequently booked out.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had dinner at Joe's our first night in Namibia. It met all our expectations.
Joe's is a series or outside eating areas and bars decorated in a Namibian motif. It is touristy eclectic not tacky.
The food and drinks were reasonably priced and the portions large. There is a large varied menu that includes beef, pork, chicken, fish and a number of game dishes.
Both the food and wine were very good. Service was good and there was no long wait to be seated or served.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,870)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Full of character, a must visit place in Windhoek. We were recommended to Joe's and found it to have really good food and great service.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is divided into different areas, from a lively sports bar type area to a more sedate restaurant. The food is good and the beer was cold. I had the Oryx Jager Schnitzel.
I sat in the restaurant at the bar, which is a pretty good option for someone dining solo, wanting a quietish meal. But later when I went to the bathroom would've preferred to sit in the more lively sports bar area. But not sure if you can eat in there.

There is also plenty of outdoor seating, but it was too cold for me to try that out.

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I has some misgivings about going to Joe's as we knew it was very big and we were tired having driven from Zeerust. I anticipated a long wait and that the vegetarian options would be limited. I was wrong on both counts. Service was pleasant and efficient and whilst my husband and daughter enjoyed their meat meals I had good choice and my vegetarian meal was different and tasty.

1  Thank Mickie J
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Seeing Joe's Beer House when you are in Windhoek is a must for any traveler, the interior of this venue is very interestingly decorated and the selection of African meals (somewhat western-ised) is quite impressive, but it would appear that service has declines somewhat as waiters were not able to clearly identify which meal is which and two people ordered the same meal (Bushman's selection) which includes 5 types of game meat, but they ran out of crocodile and just made a substitution without notifying the table.

A great vibe with the locals, particularly if there is live music