Safari Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilton Windhoek(Windhoek)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewslarge keythe hotel receptionhotel complexlocal airportgroup touroverland toursmall bathroomshuttle buswill stay there againair conditionerbreakfast buffetrooms are nicecentre of townafricacodesrefrigeratorworkshop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is perfectly suitable for business people staying in Windhoek. It has everything you could need, bar, restaurant, wifi, comfortable rooms, transport, gym, etc. In general, the rooms are a little outdated and we had an issue as we were three, they put us in a room for two, but they were also kind enough to upgrade us to a room for four. Our breakfast was included, nice, no complaints. The fitness centre & spa was amazing! State of the art, brand new equipment and very professional staff - make sure to book for spa treatments. The staff were very friendly and helpful with finding safe transport to and from our dinner reservations. Would recommend to people staying in Windhoek on work/business trips or one-nighters.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice, clean and friendly hotel. Nice decor. Good value. Dinner was very good - we ate at the second hotel, taxi was arranged both to a restaurant and to the airport. Service at reception a bit slow. Rooms clean and comfortable, bathrooms OK.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Smadar B
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Okay, well the first thing i have to say is that Windhoek must have some pretty good hotels...at the time of writing this hotel was ranked 17 out or 17 hotels in town.
Now if I read that before my trip i would have been quaking in my boots coming to stay here as part of my G Adventure. It is by no means a plush pad but my God, it does not deserve to be ranked as the worst hotel in the city!
The rooms are a bit tired and drab, but they were clean and spacious. The hotel pool was really nice and the breakfast was absolutely excellent. The staff were so helpful and the wifi was both free and quick. They have a god business centre which was free of charge and they offer a free shuttle to downtown Windhoek.
As long as you do not expect too much, the Safari will do you just fine, I simply cannot believe its poor ranking. i would have no problem whatsoever in staying here again and have no problem in recommending this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Sunday 07th July -
The last time i stayed in the hotel safari was in May 2012 , after a long 11hour flight from London then. 8 hour delay in Joburg due to the misplacement of my bag .I arrived in Windhoek and an hours drive from the airport I arrived at the SH .
Once again check-in was painless and the female receptionist was helpful and quick which was good after all the travelling and waiting around in airports all I wanted to do was have a long shower and relax .
I was given a basement room which was big , with 2 big beds all for me .Rooms at the Safari are not cheap and the scuff / scratch marks on the walls were a bit of a let down .
During my shower it was also disappointing that the ceiling and coveing was black with mould . This build up is down to poor cleaning standards but because I was in need of a good hot shower I carried on .
My bed was comfy with clean sheets and bedding , later in the evening I ordered a egg-burger snack to my room while I was watching the wimbledon tennis highlights on the telly .The food arrived very plainly , no tray , just my burger and chips on a plate covered in cling film .
The waiter / porter gave me my bill to sign and then pointed out the cost of the food and hinted on a tip ! ..... I pointed out to him the delivery cost of the plate that was also on the bill , i said that's your tip .
After eating airport food I was looking forward to my burger it was ok but the bun was burnt which surprised me .......if you are preparing a meal and you burn it and you know it's not the best ......why give it to the customer ....Why !!!
The next day on checking out I discussed the shower and food concerns with the receptionist and I left for a short trip offshore.
Now lets fast forwards to yesterday Friday 12th July -
Again I was staying overnight in the Safari and then the next day I was travelling to London via Joburg .This time I was given a similar double bed basement room identical to the one I had on Sunday , this room was clean , comfy bed and the shower ceiling and coving were gleaming white .
I decided to have a meal in the restaurant the waiter explained there was a buffet service or I could go "a la carte" I fancied a nice T- bone steak with all the trimmings and a boat jug of black pepper sauce .I like my steak medium and juicy and I waited drooling for my meal , when it arrived it looked tasty then when I started cutting into the steak it was a struggle .
Each mouthful was a struggle - tough to chew , tasteless and a poor quality of meat .Infact I couldn't eat it I had to remove the tasteless mess from my mouth .The waiter asked me was I enjoying my meal I said NO the steak is tough and chewy I said good steak is succulent and full of flavour and sadly this is well below standard.
He never battered a eyelid , he never said I'm sorry about that .....and then nothing he just removed my plate .
After about 5 mins the waiter gave me the bill for my meal to sign , this shocked me the main attraction to my meal was the steak and it was a poor cut of meat , no flavour and tough . The chief who cooked it must have known its wasn't the best bit of cooking he had done .......but after all this I was still given a bill for 105 N$ .I told the waiter I wasn't happy and in the morning I also told the receptionist .
I would have been embarrassed to have given a bill to a unhappy paying customer .High standards are paramount in a restaurant , sadly maybe this was a one off but for me it wasn't just the steak that left a poor taste in my mouth .
Yes the restaurant is clean and stylish but if the cooking and presenting of the food is below standard No amount of smiles from the waiters will make up for the poor food . Having a meal is a total experience if the food is poor that will be the only thing that will be remembered .

Room Tip: Some of my low marks are because of the restaurant .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank cuddslfc
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was staying at the Safari Hotel for a conference. It was a convenient location and the room was very clean but the broken window, leaky sink and ropey shower were a little disappointing.

However, breakfast was good and as it's on the same complex as the Safari Court I could use the spa and pool facilities there which are EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business