Safari Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilton Windhoek(Windhoek)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewslarge keythe hotel receptionhotel complexlocal airportgroup touroverland toursmall bathroomshuttle buswill stay there againair conditionerbreakfast buffetrooms are nicecentre of townafricacodesrefrigeratorworkshop
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Rooms basic, plain and dated. Complex was pleasant but nothing special. Some distance out of town centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank exSeis
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed one night at the Safari hotel , the next day I had a flight in a small fixed wing plane to a dust runway in the middle of no where then I flew by helicopter for 1hour over the world famous "skeleton desert " to the offshore rig I was working on but that's another story .
The Safari hotel is a nice complex I was living in a chalet type room, the room was clean , but after my epic flight from Spain to Paris , then a 10 1/2 hour over night flight to Joburg , then a short flight to Namibia to Windhoek , then a 2 hour drive to the Safari hotel all I wanted was a shower and a change of clothes .
Arriving at the hotel reception the formalities were very quick and the staff very professional .
There was a big pool and bar at the Safari hotel side , a short walk over to Safari Court there they also have a pool and a gym.
Everywhere is clean and tidy and the staff are always busy all over the safari complex .
A couple of minors issues , I was given a wifi Internet code ticket but this was for only 2 hours after that you have to pay for more time .....WHY on 2 hours ?
I was getting picked up the next morning so I asked reception to give me a early morning call at 6am , I didn't need the early call because a group of people leaving to go on a early morning Safari woke me up at 4am they had no consideration of others sleeping they were talking loudly with each other and on their mobile phones - this issue I discussed with reception during my checking out , they said they would pass on my concerns to their manager .
But I don't want to be all doom and gloom , I would have liked to have stayed longer and the
thought of going on a safari would have been a dream come true .
The safari complex is well run , clean and good value for money - there is a restaurant but I had a small meal sent to my room so I could watch the football on the TV .
There is a bar in the reception building and there are bars outside by the pool , the hotel has a free shuttle bus service for people who want to go to a near by shopping mall and Windhoek city centre .
For the short time I was here I did enjoy my stay over the past 6 months I have stayed in hotels in 6 African countries and the Safari Hotel is by far the best , so well done to all the managers and staff keep up the the excellent work you are doing and you never know maybe I will come back with my family for a Safari holiday .,,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank cuddslfc
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a mini-conference at the hotel. The rooms were comfortable although they were a little old fashioned. The cleaners also kept leaving windows open and then rain poured in as there were thunderstorms every afternoon. The air conditioners were old and noisy so could not really be used. The TV was very small and I did not get a good signal most of the time.

Internet access was my biggest issue - I just could not connect in the rooms although they say one should be able to. The only time I got access was in the conference room itself and, even then, we battled to get the password.

The food was quite good, although we only ate lunch and breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have stayed twice for several days in the last year. The first time was in the motel style rooms, which were pretty much tatty 70's vintage decor (no, not by design, the real thing!). This time I booked into the business rooms and found the rooms again to be below par. Forget sleeping with the aircon on, it sounds like a bulldozer idling outside your window....and in 40 degree celcius temperatures, an aircon might be useful. The internet didn't work in the rooms (try 8 minutes to open an email without attachments), the toilet pipe leaked on the bathroom floor and the coffee is positively insipid. That said, it is convenient, but there are many bnb's in town which are a far better quality stay... for the same money - try the Elegant Guesthouse or the Olive Grove, both great places to stay.

Room Tip: The Safari Court which is part of the same complex is probably a better bet, at double the money though. You won't get to sleep late here as it is right next to Eros Airport. Prepare to be woken by the early morning take-offs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Not exciting, but a very pleasant and convenient place to stay for some days.
We stayed 2 days before and 3 days after a strenous trip around the country.
Great pool area, very helpful and polite staff, big varied breakfast.
A free, frequent shuttle bus going down town.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends