“Business and Holiday”
Review of Heinitzburg Castle

Heinitzburg Castle
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Herrenberg, Germany
“Business and Holiday”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Best Hotel in Namibia, perfectly situated with a magnificent view over Windhoek! Very comfortable and elegant fitte rooms!

Visited April 2014

Windhoek, Namibia
“Amazing time”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner there last week and I am still thinking about it. Definitely the best and most professional waitresses that I have seen in windhoek. Food was great and I was given a rose at the end of the evening. Definitely money well spent.

• Visited July 2014
Prishtina
“Ready for a nice meal while enjoying the view?”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

If so, then try out this one. I had some excellent Kudu meat served with great style. The staff are very kind and the place is lovely. It was a sunny and warm day that made me enjoy the terrace vry much.
Try it, you might enjoy it just as much as I did.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Ostentatious and snooty”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was very dubious about going here at all, but my family wished to conclude our trip to Namibia with somewhere they had been told is special. High above the city, the view must be spectacular in the daytime but it was night. Staff were welcoming but I dislike chandeliers and over fussy décor. I also don't go for over descriptive and over priced menus where the chef doesn't recognise that vegetarians need protein in their meals. The real problem however came when the owner visited the restaurant. She stopped to speak at every table at some length, but completely ignored us. So clearly we were the only non-residents. The chef also stopped by briefly just to enquire if we were enjoying our meals, so I could not engage with him as again he was only interested in protracted conversation with residential visitors. After leaving, we wandered for a few minutes in the grounds and came across the owner saying goodnight to residents. We said goodnight to her and she did not even deign to respond. She completely negates the efforts her restaurant staff go to make guests feel comfortable and welcome.

Visited May 2014
Windhoek, Namibia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Wanted to come and celebrate a special occation with friends one sunday afternoon with coffee and cake (like we have done on a previous occation) only to be told non resident guests not allowed anymore whats up with that..local money not good enough anymore!