“What a fabulous view!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This restaurant has one of the best views of Windhoek. We went for afternoon tea and decided to come back for dinner and the sunset, which was fabulous. The night we were there the restaurant's tables were set up outside on the terrace but the restaurant (Leo's at the Castle) has an inside sit down area. It was initially pretty breezy but when the sun went down the wind disappeared. We took our small person with us and the restaurant were accommodating even though there is no children's menu. Our meals were all excellent and the service was efficient and friendly, though our meal was interrupted by a smoker and we were forced to move tables. Why do top-notch restaurants continue to allow people to smoke and detract from the food they are serving?

1  Thank anactbloke
There are newer reviews for Heinitzburg Castle

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent a very relaxed afternoon on the terrace with drinks, cake and later tapas. I have to say that service and food were as good as the view! In my opinion the best address in Windhoek.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've tried twice, TWICE, to come here. Both times I called in advance and was told it wouldn't be a problem and twice I've been turned away at the door. The first time we called in advance to make sure the kitchen was still open, they said yes, until 9pm. We got there at 8.50pm and were told it was too late, we couldn't eat.
The second time I called to ask about having a drink on the terrace as the castle looks over Windhoek. They said that would be fine, but the restaurant was full. I assured them we just wanted a pre-dinner drink and had reservations elsewhere. When we arrived we were told it was full, even though the lower side of the terrace was empty. The manager was so rude in explaining that WE were mistaken and must have misheard over the phone. Zero customer service, they don't seem to WANT business. I've tried twice to give them my money, and they don't want it.

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This old castle is well kept and offers great views of Windhoek. I had an amazing dinner of Oryx and liked the wine list as well.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Planned to have nice dinner at a very good restaurant for our last evening in Namibia.
Unfortunately this turned out to be a waste of time and money only.
The location is perfect and I am sure the young chef really cares for his guests, as he showed up whenever a table was ready to leave.
But he should really try to get better trained staff or get them some training very quickly. Nearly one waiter per table and nice clothing does not guarantee good work at all.
The food was presented optically extremely nice and I am quite sure they are using high quality meat etc.
But that does not help if preparation shows really unforgivable errors or the beef fillet do not have any taste at all.
The prices are at the very top end for Windhoek and they really need to improve if they want to deliver for what you pay.
Chef offered free dessert when we complained, but we had enough already, mood was too bad after this wasted 2 hours.
You can get much better food at a lower price while in Windhoek.
And the show when they deliver the meals is just pointless if that is all what you get for the money