All reviews kalahari sands shopping mall dunes restaurant small mall air namibia business hotel late check comfortable hotel dinner buffet middle of town buffet style room service is business trip checking in reception staff independence avenue pleasant stay
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Nobody had adviced me when booking the hotel they were going under renovations. The system that manages the lifts do it separately so while you stand there thinking the lift is coming, it’s not until another person comes and knowing the system, shows you what to do, you stand there forever. Even knowing it can keep you waiting up to 10 minutes at breakfast times.
Even so, the service is excellent and with the exception of being told about the lift, I felt welcome, and have to acknowledge the attention to detail. And the great view.
So far the best hotel I stayed in in Windhoek!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Takudzwa N, Manager at AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear PabloCastro77

Thank you for such a positive review. We always value feedback regarding our staff. This is because we genuinely believe that serving our Guests as our QUEENS and KINGS is our DNA.

I would like to apologize however regarding the lift. We recently installed the first set which is the fastest and most efficient in the market. However, we are in a transition with the second set of lifts which are old and far less efficient. We are scheduled to decommission and fully install the remaining set in October. This too will have the same efficient technology as the first ones.

I thank you once again and hope to host you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

An ideal place to stay. Quiet, very comfortable, very friendly and attentive staff. May be try have namibian cuisine so visitors can sample the best of local dishes!

Have brighter light for those who want to work at table.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Takudzwa N, Manager at AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear 700isaacn

Thank you so much for a such positive review. The aspect regarding our staff is particularly heart-warming as our focal point, from the Cleaner to the GM, is centered on ensuring each of our Guests are receive superior service.

We currently do have some local dishes which can be ordered on request. They include 'Matangara' and 'Kapana'. We will continue to review and see the best ways to present them and make them available. We will also review the lighting in the Dunes. Generally, the Pantry is the one intended to be the restaurant were someone can have a fresh brew of coffee while they are working on their laptop.

Once again, thank you so much for taking your time to respond to our survey.

TK Nyandoro - Rooms Divisions Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2018

This hotel as a part of our honeymoon in Africa was okay at most. The staff wasn't that customer friendly. The location of the hotel in central Windhoek is good but the vicinity of the hotel is not safe, even a short walk at daytime made us feel very uneasy.

The entrance of the hotel is not the easiest to find, we at first didn't see the little ground floor entrance and were directed to the first floor entrance.

With the vicinity of the hotel being not that safe we opted to have room service dinner which actually turned out to be not that bad (maybe the 18 previous hours of travels helped a little :) )

From the amenities thought it is definitely not worth a 4 star unfortunately.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor: more quiet and better view !
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Rudie P, General Manager at AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino. Thank you kindly for the review posted and the feedback provided. We take note of your observations about the safety of the surroundings of the hotel in the city center but can assure you that it is quite sage for guests during the day time to roam around freely. The Hotel and its main entrance is located on the Main Street of the City and the new street side entrance and lobby now caters for the most comfortable arrival of our valued guests. Some renovations in the adjacent shopping mall complicated the route from the parking structure to the hotel entrance in the mall but within the next few weeks that too will be completed and signage directing hotel guests will be fully reinstated.
Thanks you for staying with us and congratulations on your wedding. Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience with regards to the entrance experience, it is receiving our most urgent attention to resolve the issues as indicated.
Warm Regards,
Rudie Putter

Reviewed July 13, 2018

There was an issue when checking in to the presidential suite upon our arrival, and the initial staff member who dealt with the situation was well below par in her performance. I was very disappointed with the hotel on that occasion, so much so, that I almost changed our booking for our return visit. Upon returning, Junious greeted us at reception, and to his credit, I was pleasantly surprised when he remembered myself and my family from our previous visit. His manner and professionalism was outstanding. I also spoke to his Manager, a lovely woman whose name I can't remember, and she also was very professional and obviously passionate about her industry. The two of them are a credit to the Avani group. Having been in business for almost 30 years now, I would be proud to call either of them my staff member. All other staff members we interacted with were friendly and welcoming. Their restaurant was excellent, and we also used their downstairs bar for before and after dinner drinks, while watching the world cup and the bar staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. Bravo Avani.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Takudzwa N, Manager at AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Dear gbashi2018

Thank you so much for such a positive review. Personally, it is stories like these that gives me confidence that the customer centric culture we drive to instill and build everyday is truly strengthening. More than anyother physical aspect of a Hotel, going all out for our Guests should remain non-negotiable. I will be sure to tell Theressa and Junias about the feedback.

We really do hope to host you again and this time with a completely renovated Hotel. There is still some work to do but we are making strides in progress. Thanks you once again for taking your time to review our Hotel.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I visited Windhoek on business, for one night. I walked into a newly renovated foyer and friendly staff. I was not too happy on arrival, the hotel arranged for city cabs to pick me up from the airport but I was left waiting for an hour. The front desk manager and reception staff were very eager to listen to my complaint and follow up with the cab company. The hotel is under renovation, expect a lot of drilling noises and slow elevators(if this is new, that is disappointing). I noted a few
issues and handed it to reception on check out and I was happy with the level of customer service I received. Well done to all the staff, who knew of Mrs. Naidoo and her complaints. Keep up the great service, I will be back, hopefully the third time’s the charm!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Takudzwa N, Manager at AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Dear Ms. Naidoo

Thank you so much for the feedback. It was such a pleasure having you in our Hotel. Genuinely, we see our Hotel as a ‘Home away from home’ especially for someone like you - a returning guest. We do not view it as just a complaint but an urgent and immediate call to action. We are more than happy to correct anything must be corrected.

In this case, it was an issue which occurred with the external shuttle company we work with. We explicitedly communicated to them as the hieght to which it is completely unacceptable that they did not play their role in serving our guests. I sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

The renovations have been less than desirable. We are glad that we are approaching the end of the demolition phase were we expect less noise and the renovations to be more discreet. The elavator contractor has also committed to the 18th of July being the date of commissioning. This is ofcourse not the original date we anticipated but there appears to be confidence to that date.

I thank you so much for having visited our Hotel. It is always more than a pleasure hosting you. Thank you also for the comments regarding the staff. In all honesty, while a building is made of bricks and mortar, a Hotel is made by its staff. Thank you once again.