Guesthouse Voigtland
$165
$154
Agoda.com
Jordani B&B Windhoek(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
$81
$68
Hotel Pension Uhland(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
$56
$135
$128
Priceline
  • Pool
Arebbusch Travel Lodge(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
$59
$55
$88
All reviewsworking farmfriendly catswonderful countrylast nightself drivecity centreguest housegabyhostsgabiairportnamibia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Was fortunate enough to have stayed at Voigtland Guesthouse twice during my self - drive through Namibia in September. I enjoyed my first stop so much I booked in for another stay at the end of my Namibian travels.

The location of Voigtland is excellent. Located only 20 minutes from the Windhoek International airport, the 750 hectare property offers the unique combination of seclusion and easy access.

As a working cattle farm one might expect a property more rustic but Voigtland is a 100 year old homestead with all the modern conveniences anyone could request. There are only 3 recently rooms complete with all the comforts of first world living. The bedding and linens are high end. The bathroom is outfitted with granite tops and higher end shower, sink and tub fixtures. Additional heat is provided in both the bedroom and the bathroom.

It was quite cool at night during my stay but the heat in the room and bathroom were more than sufficient to keep me plenty warm. The addition of a hot water bottle was a pleasant added amenity. The German manufactured wood burning stove in the main house made for a very pleasant place in which to relax, as well.

The grounds of the property are made for relaxation. Complete with outdoor open patio on the front, a covered outdoor porch on the rear, a large pool and an outdoor fireplace, Voigtland offered many options to enjoy the grounds.

Stefan is the Namibian born great grandson of the original German owner who came to Namibia in the late 1800's. The house is also home to many historical photos and diaries dating back over 100 years. While he handles the day to day operations of the cattle operation he is onsite to ensure that the guests are tended to as needed.

His wife, Gaby, has done an exceptional job of designing the rooms, as well as preparing very nice 3 course meals each night. During my stay I was fortunate enough to have enjoyed homemade butternut soup, local gemsbok steak and a freshly prepared tart for dessert. Gaby's taste for good for food shows in the meals she prepares.

The views of the stars into the dark sky and the complete quiet were alone worth the stay. I sat out on the veranda and enjoyed the Milky Way unfold in what appeared to be so close I could touch the sky. All the while I could not hear a sound but a faint jackal call in the distance.

I am a US based tour operator and have been fortunate enough to have experienced a lot of Africa. I would highly recommend a stay at this guest house.

Richard Pace, Owner, Southern Sky Adventures

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SouthernSkyAdv
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

After 3 weeks Namibia and Botswana we ended our holiday on this guest farm. It is located on a hill with views in all directions. The guest house is a gem build more than 100 years ago with walls of 50 cm. The interior has the same beautiful style with many historical details.

The rooms are large and tasteful decorated. Diner and breakfast are very good, in our top 2 of our trip.

Gaby and Stephen are very friendly hosts with interesting stories about Namibia and the farm.

With a swimming pool, a bar, thousands stars and only the sounds of birds, there is no better way to start or end a holiday. The farm is 20 min from Windhoek airport.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is a true gem. We found it by accident via a booking website and have returned/sent family & friends there ever since our first stay! Gaby and Stefan are such nice people, they truly make you feel at home. Dinner and Breakfast were each time outstanding (dinner mostly game from the farm prepared on the braai by Stefan himself). There is so many sweet touches around the place - Gaby certainly has style and a big heart! The last time we stayed, it was already quite cold and when we got back to our rooms after dinner there was a hot water bottle in our beds! There is a living room incl a fireplace and couches that can be used by the guest and is a great place for a glass of wine after dinner! The rooms and the service is definitely 5 star level!!! No doubt!
Unfortunately I have one negative thing to say: They do offer airport transport as well, but it is very expensive, actually overpriced! The trip to the airport is about 10-15 min in the car and they charge NAD 150 per person. We once used it when we were 4 people, which means we paid NAD 600 for a 10 min drive! However, the rooms are such amazingly good value, that I believe it makes it well worth it, even if you have to use their transfer!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Voightland was the most amazing place to stay - so great we returned! The location is stunning; overlooking miles of African bush. This property has been in the same family for several generations and there are plenty of photos around displaying life as it used to be. Breakfast is a veritable feast and evening meals, delicious. The sunsets are glorious, especially when enjoyed around a campfire. Stephan and Gaby are wonderful hosts :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is a true gem - Gabby is a darling and has made sure that everything is 'just so'.. We had a self catering room complete with a little stove, fridge and all crockery & cutlery. It was also useful to have electric hook-up for our fridge

The bedroom was beautifully furnished, the bed was comfy and the bathroom had a great shower, nice towels to use, and there were even his and hers bathrobes!!

Gabby is a great hostess and we also met Stephan her husband who farms Simmentaler cows and also breeds Arab horses.. so lots going on at the farm of Voigt
Lizzie the black Labrador was by our side most of the time as was the little Jack Russell dog

Thank you for a great stay, it was comfortable and sorry we couldn't stay longer.. I could have slept in that bed of yours for a solid 10 hours!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple