Hotel Pension Christoph
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Windhoek
See available hotels
Hilton Windhoek(Windhoek)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Safari Hotel(Windhoek)
View Hotel
All reviewsmaerua mallrooms are cleanpool areaamandataxiguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What more could you ask for!! My partner and I have stayed here on numerous occasions on our frequent trips to Namibia and would not stay anywhere else in Windhoek. After a long flight or a long safari around parts of southern Africa arriving at HPC is like arriving 'home' where one can relax and enjoy a safe and comfortable stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the breakfasts delicious and filling and Amanda and her staff are friendly and helpful. We're looking forward to returning this year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here a half dozen times over the past two years, overnight, or for a week or more. We love it, and so have the numerous other guests we've referred - I run the visitor program for a hospital in Angola and we get about 40 per year, some of whom overnight in Windhoek. The rooms are clean and in good shape - no it's not 5-star but it's within our budget and excellent value. The pool and the inner courtyard (many flowers, and trees) are impeccably kept. Only breakfast is offered (included in the rate) - it's a buffet with excellent variety and quality, graciously served.

The location is very convenient, an easy walk to downtown to Maerua Mall in daylight or a short taxi ride after dark, makes shopping and dining easily accessible without a car. Security is good, including the parking area, which is important in Windhoek.

Amanda, the owner/manager has been extremely helpful to us and our visitors, for example arranging taxi pickups at the airport (using a good company that seems to be quite a bit cheaper than others). More than once when we have had to stay in Windhoek longer than expected she has given us free nights. When Christoph is full, Amanda doesn't hesitate to find a good alternative through her network of contacts. We have come to consider her a friend.

Overall an excellent rating for those like us that don't have money to burn!

Room Tip: Beside the pool is best, but all of the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Norm H
Reviewed July 12, 2012

While on a Solo Photographic Safari in Namibia during August 2009, the management at HPC helped me in a crisis after I was robbed in Swakopmund. I had to stay in Windhoek for 5 days while the SA Embassy arranged new documents for me.
I was completely overwhelmed when the Hotel refused to take a cent for my stay there.
You will travel long and hard to find nicer People.
My heartiest thanks to the Owners, Managers and Staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed in many places in Windhoek over the many years, and I keep coming back here. Super friendly staff who go out of their way to make you happy. Rooms are very nice by budget traveler standards. The pool courtyard is very pleasant and full of flowering bushes. No A/C but this is rarely a problem as you get a nice breeze. About a 15 minute walk to downtown down a hill; yes Windhoek is hilly. Good German style breakfast. Overall a good choice. The only downside is entrance is on a hill and requires caution to enter and depart. Amanda the owner is very helpful with reservations and recommendations for dinner and sights.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2012

When we arrived they didn't have our booking in the calendar, but they still had rooms available fortunately. The maid that was also working the desk when we arrived put us in a room right by the entrance gate, when we asked she happily moved us to a room around the pool tucked in the back corner, much better and quieter. The rooms are clean and simple. We only stayed here one night, on our way through to Erindi Game Reserve. The drinks in the mini bar are cheap. The breakfast is simple and plenty, service good. We went to Joe's Ale/Beer House for dinner and it was awesome, highly recommend. We also asked the reception to call a taxi for us which didn't turn up so we went to our room, found the number in our travel book and called the taxi ourselves. The maid seemed to be doing everything, busy lady. Good parking security for cars.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back by the pool, that way you are away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple