“Great steak and wine”

The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A lovely venue, a fine selection of private cellar wines and exclusive rights to serve the premium meat produce of Namibia!
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant.

The setting is delightful, in a Mediterranean style courtyard. The wine list is extensive and of fine quality, at reasonable prices. The fillet steak was one of the best cuts of meat I have ever had the pleasure to sample. The service is friendly and efficient. If you are passing through Windhoek, I would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The chef makes an incredible grilled Norwegian Salmon! One of the best I've ever had!! Great, relaxed atmosphere; superb service and a very good wine list!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

And the food in my opinion is the best by a long mark.
International in style overlooking a very pretty courtyard, there is a great range of steaks, but I stuck with seafood on the two occasion I dine there last year in November 2013.
I had calalmari tubes done in a very executed beurre blance sauce and the second time I had salmon which was also excellent. The staff are very affable and quite knowledgeable on both food and wind. It is a lovely room and you can indulge in the excellent wine list which for Europeans and even us Aussie makes the wines remarkable value.
You have to try this restaurant if in Windhoek

Reviewed August 12, 2014

If Namibia is has the second best beef fillet on earth, here is the place to prove it. There is a reason why a reservation at any given time is a must. But once in, just whow.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We are regular visitors to Windhoek and always make a plan to visit 'the Stellenbosch': one of our favourite eateries in Windhoek. On Saturday July 26th my mate Eduardo and I had gone for an amazing mountain bike ride in the surrounding rolling hills. The cycle built somewhat of an appetite - which was well taken care of by the Stellenbosch Team. Sustance to get us back home. We will be back.