“Wonderful late Mother's Day dinner with my wife.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro

The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A lovely venue, a fine selection of private cellar wines and exclusive rights to serve the premium meat produce of Namibia!
Walvis Bay, Namibia
“Wonderful late Mother's Day dinner with my wife.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant, and because the first one in January was so memorable, we went there again on 17 May 2013. And again we were not disappointed. I had made a reservation well in advance and got the table that I wanted.

Our visits to restaurants will normally never exceed 90 minutes. Both times we visited this restaurant, we stayed for well over two hours! The service, food and atmosphere was just superb. Our waitress, MELANY, is a perfect example of appointing an employee with the perfect personality and attitude for the job and she is a real asset to this restaurant. She even remembered us from our first visit!
Jacques de Beer

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Superb service, great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

After having searched through trip advisor, I came across this place and it turned out to be the perfect way to end our trip to Namibia. We had no reservations and sitting at the bar was our only option, which we were happy about...gives you a chance to get a feel for how the place is run...very well by the impression we got.
The starter of prawns and calamari were very good, plenty of wines to choose from, the main of lamb shank was very well cooked and although there was a problem with my choice. It was rectified quickly and without any fuss. The duty manager, Osborne came over to apologise and make sure that we got what we wanted quickly.The steak I eventually had was cook to perfection. Atmosphere was great. The service is impeccable and food follows suit. Thank you for such a lovely evening.

1 Thank Kelly H
London, United Kingdom
“Hmmm...slightly overhyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went for lunch at the Stellenbosch and did comment on the architecture, which was a bit like an omelette of styles, but I guess that's part of the charm.
As to the meal, I wasn't impressed. The sirloin I ordered was cold and greasy and fatty. Also there was not much flavour on the meat and the sauce came cold with a skin that had solidified on top of it. Usually I'd finish off my plate, but I left half my meal this time.
I was at a business lunch and usually would have complained, but didn't think it appropriate at that time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoFo74UK
Michael S, General Manager at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Day JoFo74UK

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro. We value any and all comments (both positive and negative) as this allows us to ultimately improve our end product.

On behalf everyone at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro I wish to apologise whole-heartedly for your less than satisfactory meal. Quite clearly we did not live up to the standard that we so dearly pride ourselves in delivering to you, our guest.

While I do appreciate the fact that you were at a "business lunch" and could not convey your dissatisfaction at the table; I do wish you had brought it to my attention at the time so that we could have rectified our blunder and have provided you with a hot, quality sirloin and accompaniments as what you had expected.

I therefore wish to invite you back to The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro so that we may deliver to you the true "Stellenbosch" experience. Please therefore contact me at your earliest convenience when you wish to dine with us again.

Kind Regards

Michael Smith
Manager

Email: michael@thestellenboschwinebar.com
Cell: +264(0)81 668 4572
Tel: +264(0)61 309 141
Fax: +264(0)61 309 142
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Every bit of detail- lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Really worth a visit. The service was very good, staff super friendly, coffee great and atmosphere so so so nice!
Loved it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Ambiance, flavour and taste.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a fantastic dinner at the stellenbosch, the food is excellent and the choices of wines from the vineyards are excellent too. Definitely coming here again on a hot afternoon for a bit of tiffin!

• Visited March 2013