“Superb service, great food and atmosphere!”

The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A lovely venue, a fine selection of private cellar wines and exclusive rights to serve the premium meat produce of Namibia!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After having searched through trip advisor, I came across this place and it turned out to be the perfect way to end our trip to Namibia. We had no reservations and sitting at the bar was our only option, which we were happy about...gives you a chance to get a feel for how the place is run...very well by the impression we got.
The starter of prawns and calamari were very good, plenty of wines to choose from, the main of lamb shank was very well cooked and although there was a problem with my choice. It was rectified quickly and without any fuss. The duty manager, Osborne came over to apologise and make sure that we got what we wanted quickly.The steak I eventually had was cook to perfection. Atmosphere was great. The service is impeccable and food follows suit. Thank you for such a lovely evening.

1  Thank Kelly H

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went for lunch at the Stellenbosch and did comment on the architecture, which was a bit like an omelette of styles, but I guess that's part of the charm.
As to the meal, I wasn't impressed. The sirloin I ordered was cold and greasy and fatty. Also there was not much flavour on the meat and the sauce came cold with a skin that had solidified on top of it. Usually I'd finish off my plate, but I left half my meal this time.
I was at a business lunch and usually would have complained, but didn't think it appropriate at that time.

1  Thank JoFo74UK
Michael S, General Manager at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Good Day JoFo74UK

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro. We value any and all comments (both positive and negative) as this allows us to ultimately improve our end product.

On behalf everyone at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro I wish to apologise whole-heartedly for your less than satisfactory meal. Quite clearly we did not live up to the standard that we so dearly pride ourselves in delivering to you, our guest.

While I do appreciate the fact that you were at a "business lunch" and could not convey your dissatisfaction at the table; I do wish you had brought it to my attention at the time so that we could have rectified our blunder and have provided you with a hot, quality sirloin and accompaniments as what you had expected.

I therefore wish to invite you back to The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro so that we may deliver to you the true "Stellenbosch" experience. Please therefore contact me at your earliest convenience when you wish to dine with us again.

Kind Regards

Michael Smith
Manager

Email: michael@thestellenboschwinebar.com
Cell: +264(0)81 668 4572
Tel: +264(0)61 309 141
Fax: +264(0)61 309 142

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Really worth a visit. The service was very good, staff super friendly, coffee great and atmosphere so so so nice!
Loved it!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a fantastic dinner at the stellenbosch, the food is excellent and the choices of wines from the vineyards are excellent too. Definitely coming here again on a hot afternoon for a bit of tiffin!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The steak here is very nice. The wine selection is largish with some nice options. Service is good and the staff helpful about information on the surrounding area.