Hilton Windhoek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Thule(Windhoek)
1,493 results
All reviewssky barthe executive loungerooftop poolmodern hoteltop floormain restaurantbreakfast buffetbusiness tripenjoyed my staywi firooms are spaciousgymcbdafricacountrypitysafari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Check in was great. Aubry was warm, professional and exceeded my expectation when providing assistance with check-in, internet access, etc. I enjoyed the Roof Top bar and the lounge/bar on first floor. (Service is poor in both areas. Thankfully, I was relaxed and did not have high expectation). My dinner at first floor lounge/bar was yummy. Disappointments. - Noise in room. A guest in an adjacent room made a phone call in the foyer. I heard every word - the walls and doors are not thin. - Room service. I contacted House Keeping, Room Service and the Reception Desk for a bottle opener. I wanted to enjoy a drink from the mini bar but needed an opener. 30 minutes and several phone calls before I received bottle opener and then he wanted a tip. - I asked the Concierge to assist with a dinner reservation. They forgot. No reservation was made. - At check-out, my bill for the business meeting was ambiguous (staff struggled to discern bill) and included several errors. They argued amongst themselves and argued with me. It was a poor end to the trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Lisa A
Teun E, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of the Hilton Windhoek team thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that Aubrey exceeded your expectations. Our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. I have shared your feedback with all the relevant Management so as to follow up on and ensure we deliver the service expected from us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a very well-located hotel, especially if you are getting to or from the Windhoek airport. The parking downstairs is quite ample and free (at least for the Platinum or Diamond members). Not much around within walking (if you are that kind of a person) or driving distance....
The hotel is clean and proper, well-kept and well-run - though I cannot hide the bitterness of being completely mistreated as a Diamond Member of the Hilton chain, but that's just venting :)
Rooms are very nice, well-equipped, have at least one European plug, so you don;t have to worry about those weird Namibian/South African adapters. Air conditioners are quiet, efficient, though the elevators ding quite loudly, so make sure to be away from them. Linens and towels are top notch, with the usual Peter Thomas Roth toiletries on offer.
The restaurant food was the blandest I ever had, the service was awkward, white wine warm, and the food choices were amazingly unimpressive. Avoid, at all costs.
The pool on the top floor is a pathetic little water hole, so do not get your hopes up, but the views from up there are quite nice.
The lounge is poorly stacked - no food, just snacks, and I was charged for the white wine, as there were none in the refrigerator - the lounge clerk told me that of course it will be delivered right away, and it was - with a bill, what a ripoff!

In general, the service was surprisingly subpar. Someone has to re-think the whole strategy of addressing the clients' need and reboot the employees' training from point zero.

Nice location, bad service. Your choice! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank heyValera

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing our survey and for posting your feedback on our tripadvisor page. Thank you for both your positive and negative feedback, our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences experienced. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future should you need any assistance. Trust that we will welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great hotel for start to finish. Rooms are huge and very nice. It's in a very nice area and close or the few best restaurants in the town. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is good, although a little slow on the re stocking of the empty products. Don't stay at any other places in the town. Well done!

Stayed: December 2013

Trust that you are well,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are very pleased to note that you loved our hotel and that you had a fantastic stay with us. Looking forward to Welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed last week 3 nights in Hilton Windhoek. It felt like all the time this hotel was teasing us in a negative way not to enjoy our stay here. Many things are not working here, communication between staff and operational director Teun Engbers, is not working well. Also Teun gives the impression he will help you, but finally he is doing nothing.
Ok there was a strike of staff, but some things had nothing to do with that strike. Why is still on your website Mr Teun that you have complimentary wifi which you do not have?
Why guests are just sending out of the pool because they was a private party, it was really rude. Breakfast was different every day, the nice bread of one day just was not there the next day, pancakes finished and so on. On day of departure late check out was first free of charge, later 50 % of our room rate on which we agreed, but when we were at the pool on our last day staff came up to inform us that is was much higher because it was 50 % of the rate of that day which was much higher. We saw people complaining at reception about many things. I would not stay here again because you can not rely on their quality, you can not rely on their promise that the pool is open and so on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

My sincere apologies for the interuption caused by the industrial action.
We have corrected the issue of our website immediately. My apologies if this has come across misleading.

We do hope you will consider us for your next visit to Windhoek.

With kind regards

Teun Engbers

Director of Operations

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Windhoek Hilton twice now. November 2012 & November 2013.

Both times have been pleasant and unproblematic, and you can't beat the location for access on foot to the city centre, the parliament gardens and the Kristuskirche. It also conveniently sits on the main access roads to the big airport and Klein Windhoek in the one direction, and the shortest route to the city bypass/main route connecting North and South. I don't recall being bothered by traffic noise when the windows are closed (air con on).

The rooms are a good size and the beds in the double-doubles are comfy with soft linen. The bathrooms are a bit avante guarde for my personal taste in that they're quite "open plan" with the room and involve panels of frosted glass here and there, which is (a) great for adult shadow puppet shows, (b) mildly interesting if you're sharing the room with a loved one and (c) could make for some rather unique holiday memories if there are four adults sharing.

The Sky Bar views are lovely, particularly at sunset, however it does seem to be quite a popular drinking hole for the local beautiful people and gets phenomenally crowded with non-resident guests. I wasn't brave enough to have a swim amongst all the bar throng, but some people didn't seem to mind.

I was pleased that the Hilton appears to have stopped charging their overnight guests for underground parking in their own building. Although the daily rate in 2012 wasn't extortionate, it did seem an unnecessary annoyance last time.

The wi-fi isn't free. It isn't expensive either, but to Europeans used to it being standard and available all over, again, it does come across as an annoying petty revenue stream. In 2012, our room was just outside the reach of the wi-fi transmitter, so the best reception was sitting on the floor outside the room. In 2013 we were fairly close to the lifts and the reception in the room was fine. When a remote tent camp in Sossusvlei can manage free wi-fi, it does seem reasonable that the Hilton brand could chuck it in free too.

The breakfast buffet isnt bad, but a limited number of staff are trying to do too many tasks, like serve coffee, clear tables, lay tables and replenish the buffet. And none of them very well as a result. It would probably ease some of the stressload if the coffee was self-service from an urn, rather than guests needing to catch the eye of the over-busy lady zealously guarding the flask. The ladies cooking the eggs to order are just fabulous and their omelettes are lovely.

The lifts this visit were a bit confusing at first as nobody had mentioned you needed to touch your key card to the panel to activate the buttons to the room floors. Consequently I had a few extra journeys back and forth from the sky bar to the lobby before the penny dropped. And then the second penny dropped as to why this was possibly the case.

I can't comment on the restaurants in the hotel, or the room service as we were keen to explore and eat out. We didn't have a bottle opener in our room for a cold beer from the mini bar, but I guess we could have rung housekeeping if we didn't already have our own with us.

The lobby staff were attentive and effective.

It's a pleasant enough hotel - certainly one of the better ones in Windhoek. Clearly not in everybody's budget but there are savings to be had with advanced payment. We'll be staying there again next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Teun E, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Trust that you are well,

Thank you so much for posting your feedback on our tripadvisor page and for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for the positive feedback and for informing us about our shortfalls as well, we truly appreciate our guest feedback as it is very vital for us towards our growth and development. We at the Hilton Windhoek are very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us although we did not meet your expectations on some of the areas as outlined in your feedback. Our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with us and for not meeting your expectations on our internet and restaurant services. We will most certainly use your feedback to correct on the areas so as to better meet your expectations upon your future visits.