“Fantastic stay in Windhoek!!!”
Review of Hilton Windhoek

Hilton Windhoek
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Windhoek
Johannesburg
“Fantastic stay in Windhoek!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visit Windhoek often for business purposes and usually stay at the Windhoek Country Club. I decided to try out the newly build Hilton Hotel in Windhoek during my last trip to the country and I was absolutely impressed with the design and feel of the hotel. It is, in my opinion, the only hotel worthy of a 5 star rating in WIndhoek - it really is a world-class establishment. Friendly staff, fantastic food. Definitely no better alternative in Windhoek.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Melissa A

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very pleased to note that you had a fantastic stay with us. We truly value your great feedback and most certainly look forward to be at your service very soon.

Teun Engbers - Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a great premium chain hotel on par with any other Hilton internationally. Excellent linen and towels, premium toiletries and clean, well furnished rooms. Good restaurant and bar with excellent pool and recreation facilities on the roof top. I would highly recommned if you are in need of a stop over

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kelvin P

Thank you for the fine comments about our hotel, it was our pleasure to be at your service. I am very pleased to note that you had a wonderful time during your recent visit and look forward to Welcome you back soon to our property.

Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Enterance road beside the Hotel to parking area is too narrow to drive for the first visitor. Upon leaving the parking. each time we have to wait for hotel employee's coming down, who will open a gate bar. This procedures should be improved, since this gate bar can be worked by a electric card.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Masaaki K

I have recently reviewed your on-line feedback on our tripadvisor page, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Pleased to note that your had an enjoyable stay with us, my apologies for the delays you may have experienced with the entrance and exit gate bars. We are currently busy following up on this matter.

Lusaka, Zambia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Hilton Hotel is conveniently located on the fringes of Windhoek CBD. A full range of facilities, although I did not get an opportunity to enjoy any of them.

I enjoyed the piano man that entertains the guests during dinner. Breakfast was decent as can be expected and the rooms are high quality and equipped with all the necessaries. I was a bit annoyed that hand towels were not available in the rooms (and not quite sure if this was an oversight).

Wifi is also not included in the rate and you pay for it separately. I would expect more from a 5 star hotel. And I did not see any bell boys to assist with luggage. This didn't bother me because I was traveling light bit if I did have luggage I would be annoyed.

But all in all a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, pleased to note that you had a wonderful stay with us. My apologies for the inconvenience with the towels not placed in your room, have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Manager to follow up on.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to Welcome you back soon to our property.

Kindest regards,
Katy, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very nice hotel, but do not trust them to arrange for your transport to and from the airport. Book your won taxi - you will be much better off. Other than that, the hotel is clean and nice. It is centrally located and good for business meetings, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the on-line tripadvisor satisfaction survey, I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our facilities and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced with your transportation. I have indeed shared your feedback with my team as well as the transportation team to ensure that this does not happen again to any of our guests.

I do trust that we will be welcoming you back soon to Hilton Windhoek.

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed here a few days ago. We are all Gold level Hilton members and should get free Internet, Executive lounge access and upgraded rooms with our stay. Apparently no one knew this as we had to ask for everything. Plus when we did ask for the Internet password they gave us an hour at a time so when I got kicked off at 10pm, I had to call and someone had to run up a piece of paper to my room. That was annoying.

The hotel was nice, pool area was modern and centrally located.

Room Tip: Away from elevator as it was noisy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ali_law 71

Thank you for completing our on-line survey and for sharing your experience with us. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the wi-fi services. I have shared your feedback with the Front office manager for review to ensure that this is not the case in the future with any of our guests. Thank you for the fine comments about our hotel's facilities, pleased to note that you enjoyed it.

Thank you once again for your feedback and trust that we will be welcoming you back soon to our property again.

Kindest regards,
Athens, Greece
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It is the 3rd time I am in Namibia and every time I have been quite satisfied with the hotel that I stayed in. Until I "discovered" Hilton this time. It is by all means the best hotel in town for business.
The service - staff wise - is not in the level sb expects, esp when it is a business trip, however, the rest makes up for it.
The room was great, I got an upgraded room, the breakfast was excellent. The food was so good in general, that every night we preferred to dine in the hotel,and nowhere else.
Definitely a come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Blon d

I have recently reviewed your on-line feedback on our tripadvisor page and I am pleased to note that you had the most memorable stay with us. I have noted that you enjoyed all our services and facilties, my apologies for the experience you had with the team regarding your business needs.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hilton Windhoek.