Hilton Windhoek
$175
  • Breakfast included
$123
$119
Hotel Pension Uhland(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
$55
$47
$155
$150
  • Breakfast included
$118
$114
Arebbusch Travel Lodge(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
$60
$56
  • Pool
Hotel Thule(Windhoek)
$148
$128
bedfinder
Vineyard Country Bed & Breakfast(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
1,505 results
All reviewssky barthe executive loungerooftop poolmodern hoteltop floormain restaurantbreakfast buffetbusiness tripenjoyed my staywi firooms are spaciousgymcbdafricacountrypitysafari
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed five nights mid-August, on a business trip to Windhoek. Was recommended by local contacts. New and modern building right in the heart of the city - within walking distance of all business appointments made. Friendly and pleasant staff at reception desk upon arrival. Was given complimentary Wifi for the duration of the stay - would otherwise be relatively expensive. Nice room with all the amenities one can expect. Great breakfast spread and again friendly staff. Haven't used the restaurant for lunch or dinner, but had the occasional beer and/or a snack in the late afternoon in the rooftop bar - very nice views from there.
There was no information in the room about hotel services and facilities, as one would expect.
If I had to return to Windhoek, I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Megan Candice D, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Reviewed September 3, 2012

You cannot complain about the facilities at this hotel. Everything is still new and looks good. What absolutely brings this hotel down is the service standards. The rooftop pool bar, again beautiful with an amazing view of the city, was a complete disappointment when it came to try to get a drink or something to eat. After 20 minutes of looking for staff, we went down to the restaurants on the mezzanine level. While there was 1 waiter, the service was super slow. What we ordered was substituted with different ingredients without consulting us, wraps not toasted, burgers completely overdone and when we pointed this out there was complete indifference from the waiter. We made a point of seeking out the chef and manager to complain about not only the service but the quality of the food. The manager ended up giving us our full lunch and drinks on the house because of the unacceptable experience. I will stay here again but make sure I have my meals elsewhere!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 3, 2012

How on earth this hotel can have a 5 star rating is beyond me.

Admittedly I have never stayed at the hotel, but I have attended functions and spoken with several other people who attended similar functions independently of me. The consensus: Service, food and organisation is mediocre at best. The prices for drinks are ridiculously inflated, and only a few years after completion the hotel is already showing signs of wear & tear.

Then there is the parking area. Yes, I know it doesn’t actually belong to the Hilton group, but seriously?! With the main entrances adjacent to the parking lot, the implication is most definitely that it should be associated with the hotel. I am ashamed every time I have to use that parking lot. What will foreigners think of us Namibians when they see the potholes, the broken terrain, the mess?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We spent the first and last nights of our Namibia trip at this hotel and we were very happy with it. We prefer modern to old style so we had chosen Hilton over Hotel Heinitzburg and did not regret our choice.

When you spend a week in rather rustic camps with limited comfort, it feels great to be able to spend a couple of nights in "luxury".

We liked: the design of the room, the comfort of the bed, the very professional service, to be upgraded to a suite with access to the lounge at the top floor; the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine (honeymooners), the buffet breakfast, live piano in the lobby.

Exemples of the good service: the morning we left, we had to catch an early flight and breakfast was not available yet; they provided us with a breakfast box to go. Also, we booked our transfer with the hotel on the night before our departure and the clerk had told us it was a certain price. When we checked out, a higher price was charged, and when we told them, they quickly adjusted the invoice according to the price we had been told the night before.

We did not use the pool as it was too cold for that, but the view from the pool area is nice. Same in the business lounge next to it.

There is not really anything worth mentioning that we did not like, except maybe that the restaurant had ran out of the dish we wanted to order (local fish) one night and the piece of carrot cake we ordered from the bar in the lobby area was old and dry.

Besides these small details, I recommend this hotel if you are looking for something comfortable and modern.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for 5 days on business in August 2012. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms gorgeous, probably one of the better looking business hotels I have stayed in. Unfortunately the food and management does not live up to this standard. There is only one regular restaurant and two more that serve light food only. The regular one has mostly meat as the few choices of seafood on the menu were not available when i was there. Similarly, the choice of room service is poor and in any case the quality of food is not what one would expect from the Hilton. I ordered the soup of the day yesterday (pepper soup) and was barely edible. The cheese plate was made up of cheap cheddar and gouda, the kind that people use to make cheap sandwiches. Besides issues with room service forgetting my room or not refilling the bathroom supplies, the worst experience was at the check-out. I asked to separate expenses into two bills and pay with two different credit cards. I simply asked for meals and laundry on one bill and all the rest together. Apparently, this was too complicated and the staff at the receptionist split the bill according to her own judgement, irrespective of what I has asked for. After over minutes, she managed to produce two different bills. After I paid, it turned out that the amount on the bills she put in the envelope didn't correspond to what was charged to my credit card. When i asked for that to be rectified, it turned out she had overcharged me and one of the supervisors came to help. Another 30 minutes passed and they could not sort out the mess in any sensible way so I had to ask to get refunded for the previous payments and start afresh by paying the full bill with just one credit card as clearly they were not able to handle splitting the bill into two. They still tried to charge me more for the airport pick up than the rate given by reservation and thoroughly discussed with staff the night before. I still can't believe something like that would happen at the Hilton. Some of the staff at the reception should definitely not be there or not entrusted with people's credit cards. Also, the hilton needs to fix its transportation issues and be able to offer a reliable taxi service to its customers. The management has a lot to do to straighten this place up. There are a gazillion staff working there and all look impeccable and are very polite but they need to learn how to actually do their job well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lighttravellers
Megan Candice D, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We continuously work hard to improve our guest experience.

we do hope that you will return, to prove to you that we are truly passionate about guest service.

with kind regards,