All reviews spa treatments booked massages morning walk hot water bottles bird life international airport family room room was spacious two nights wellness pools game lodge whirlpool bush breakaway bungalow
Reviewed March 5, 2017

What a stay!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so beautiful I have never experience something like that. The service was out of this world. The spa was unbelievable. We will visit you again. One of the most beautiful places in Namibia to stay....

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AdminOnjala, Guest Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Regards

Reviewed March 5, 2017

This is an outstanding experience. About an hour from WDH airport, it is just the right size - big enough to have lots of space, small enough that you can explore all of it. A wide variety of antelopes and other fauna, but no big predators, so it is safe to walk around.There are leopards, but they are very shy. The closest I got to a leopard was a 12-hours old footprint. The property has pleasant rooms, the restaurant is excellent, a variety of game drives or foot safaris, guided or alone.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
AdminOnjala, Public Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Onjala is a great place close enough to Windhoek for a great breakaway weekend. We went out as a few ladies to do some mountain biking, walking and simply just relaxing in nature. Onjala is in a beautiful location, great views, fantastic service, all of the staff really go the extra mile to make sure everyone is happy and enjoying their stay.
The Spa is out of this world, the best I ever have seen. They are highly professional and make you relax completely, a must do when at Onjala.

Room Tip: When have difficulty in walking then rather stay at the rooms at the lodge instead of the bungalows.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
AdminOnjala, Public Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to pass your review on to the wonderful staff at the lodge.

Reviewed February 19, 2017

After traveling for 3 months I just wanted to relax and collect my thoughts.
For this purpose Onjala was perfect.
I was collected from the airport.
Everyone was very friendly, food great, simple set menus, perfect.
I booked 2 massages plus manicure and pedicure, felt like a new person.
Spent my days putting together my albums, swimming, eating and drinking.
Took 2 long walks round the park, great photos up close of the bird life plus some of the wildlife.
On arrival I thought I might be a bit bored but the time went so quickly, I was sad to leave.
For me it was just what I needed, As I didn't get to see a lot of Namibia I will be back and a stay at Onjala would defiantly be part of my trip, probably as a final destination just before leaving.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Debbie 57 yrs Solo traveler

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank S7212IVdeborahw

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you had such a good stay with us at Onjala. Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2017

Not entirely handy for airport but can't blame anyone but myself for booking it! Lovely setting and worth a stay of 2-3 days to fully appreciate the remote countryside. Staff friendly but service in the kitchen/dining area was very poor. Advance request for vegetarian meal but nothing was made available. At breakfast the following morning an omelette was requested but I gave up after 20 minutes waiting with kitchen staff still laughing and joking and (in my opinion) looking redundant. There are other choices for an overnight stay before heading for the airport.

Room Tip: No need all offer decent sizes and good views.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. We have taken up your comments regarding the meals and restaurant with the responsible persons. With your valuable feedback we can improve our service.