All reviewsspa treatmentsbooked massagesmorning walkhot water bottlesbird lifeinternational airportfamily roomroom was spacioustwo nightswellnesspoolsgamelodgewhirlpoolbushbreakawaybungalow
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Amazing! Just avoid room #1. Has the fuse box for bar in it and was woken up in the night to flip the switch. The food is great and the grounds are wonderful. Would recommend to anyone. Great for kids as well.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AdminOnjala, Public Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review. We will look at a solution for the problem regarding the fuse box.

Reviewed December 26, 2016

My Partner and I really enjoyed Onjala lodge, it is beautiful and very calming. The staff were really helpful and professional, The food was very delicious and fresh, its good to have such proper respectful service. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a peace of mind and a break from the city.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AdminOnjala, Public Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We will make sure the staff will be informed of your satisfactory stay at Onjala. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

I am extremely hard to please when it comes to spa/beauty treatments. I used to be a therapist, so unfortunately I know exactly when it is done wrong. But... when Melba put her hands on me for my massage, it was like being transported to heaven. What added to the amazing experience was that our couples massage was done at the Bush Spa, which is this amazing secluded area where the birds come to drink water and the warthogs venture closer as well. These ladies are extremely professional and friendly. I can't begin to describe how hard it is to please me with a massage, so imagine how hard it would be to get me to fall a sleep? Well, Melba didn't only put me to sleep, she actually got me snoring!!
The jacuzzi is amazing. The rooms are beautiful. The staff are ALL very friendly, and it was especially nice to be helped in Afrikaans. From David at the bar to Tobias as waiter and the floor manager (who's name I have now forgotten - I'm sorry), and all the ladies at the reception. You were wonderful and made us feel as special as tourists in our own country. Thank you for making my birthday and weekend an amazing one!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Melanie,

Thank you very much for your positive review. We will makes sure this message will reach Melba and the other ladies of the Spa. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

Organizing of activities should be dealt with more efficiently, corresponding with your clients are very important. Had communication problem with staff i organised the trip for. Improvement thus required.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AdminOnjala, Guest Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Dear Gizelle,

We at Onjala Lodge sincerely thank you for the constructive criticism regarding the communication mishap. We looked into this, and improvement is steadily in progress.

Kind Regards
Onjala Team

Reviewed October 11, 2016

The environment was absolutely stunning. My favourite part was the spa treatment. The lodge rooms need a little updating particularly upstairs, but the view is heavenly. Friendly staff and great food.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AdminOnjala, Guest Relations Manager at Onjala, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear Claudia,

We at Onjala Lodge would like to thank you once again for visiting us. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the Spa.

We will look into doing something with those stairs.

Keep well.