“Cleanliness....”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Windhoek
Luderitz, Namibia
“Cleanliness....”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The rooms at the 'Square' are a bit small but perfect in every other way. What I love about this place, is that you don't see a speck of dust anywhere.Having a guesthouse of our own in Luderitz the most satisfying comment we constantly receive is 'spacious and cleanliness' and naturally this is what I look for in all accommodation whilst travelling.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ZumAnker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Durban
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We believe in sticking to the tried and tested and we have stayed here frequently over the years. Great price, adequate rooms and we love that you can park the car right outside your doorstep. Makes packing supplies and cleaning the car out after a long trip really pleasant. We only ate once in their restaurant and found the food perfectly ok. Beer was cold which is essential in Namibia!

Very handy having a small kitchen to keep food chilled while cleaning out the travel fridge and for storing shopping.

This was our last "1st world" city before we travelled further north. Sadly a lot of the places we stayed in Namibia are not on Trip Advisor so we can't sing their praises!

Room Tip: If available pay a bit extra for the bigger chalets.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thirstie
Witbank, South Africa
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have to admit that this Lodge is not very keen at responding to requests and confirming reservations. however, I am glad to say, ours worked out well.Had no problems booking in, with friendly staff assisting.

We stayed in the B&B chalets and found it to be very nicely laid out, with a covered parking at each one. They are not overly big, but are kept nice and clean and are adequate for a shortish stay (ours was for two nights). We took the breakfast option and found it to be very adequate.

The lodge is about six km from the city centre, but that was not an issue for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank safrican4ever
East London, South Africa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A little oasis in Windhoek. Rooms are clean. 2 types of accommodation camping,budget, self catering and executive rooms within a small square.
I find the place well organised for all types of travellers and has a resturant to suit all your needs.

Room Tip: pay the difference for an Executive room and sleep comfortable and well. Good weekend specials.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Copperdd
Hampshire,
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed at arebbusch a few times now when I have to come to Namibia for work. I have stayed in both the Square (hotel bit) and the self-catering lodges. The facilities are clean and simple and the WIFI reaches most extents of the site.

The restaurant is quite good, food is plentiful and reasonably priced but also quite basic - They have daily specials ranging from burgers to ribs. I ate on the first night when I was jet lagged from the plane journey and had a massive plate of ribs, got half way through them and had a massive bowl of chips emerge.

It is next to Eros airport so the planes taking off in the mornings can wake you if you have the window open. Some of the lodges are quite a way from the restaurant and I have known people to drive to and fro.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the square then make sure you get a room that faces the pool. The pool is un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

There was confusion when I arrived as staff could not find my booking. It took over half an hour to sort out, which was far too long after a ten hour flight (and total travel time of 20 hours!) I then had to move to another room the next day, and then again (yes, I moved room twice in one day) because of more bookings confusion. I had to pack up my bags and carry them myself on each of these occasions and in one case it was quite a walk!
The Lodge is out of town so you need a taxi. This was a nuisance.
Breakfast was good.
All three of the rooms I occupied during my two night stay were clean. Nothing special, but well furnished and with tea making facilities and TV.
I think the reception staff probably need better training. They were polite, but seemed overwhelmed by the task.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Arebbusch Square (the new upper class section of the lodge) is a nice arrangement around the pool (although if you are misfortunate to get one of the rooms towards the parking lot, you pay the high price but get the ambiance of an American motel...). Rooms are clean and spaceous, yet without any charme and cosiness.

But booking with them is a real disaster! I wrote them and ask for a quote including breakfast; within 10 minutes I got four different quotes in four e-mails without any explanation. It took me 15 minutes to compare and figure out the difference (because everything was in acronyms that no one understands - yet no word about breakfast). Eventually I made a booking - and didn't hear anything for almost a week. Then I got a phone call, a man quite annoyedly asking whether I intend to come. I told him I awaited a confirmation from their side, which he promised I would receive immediately. After two days I sent another e-mail to inquire about my booking - and mentioned again that I wanted a room including breakfast. This time I received a confirmation within a few hours.

On arrival, there was a quite unfriendly chap at the reception. Handing over the keys he mentioned that in our price breakfast was not included, but we could pay it on check-out. Never mind I thought. The next morning when checking out, the ladies at the reception presented me with the invoice and said, that next time I should book including breakfast, because that way it would be much cheaper! I really got upset and demanded that they charged only the reduced breakfast rate. They said it was too late and their computer system wouldn't allow them to grant me the preferential rate. I had to bring my notebook and show them the e-mails sent, to prove I had asked to include the breakfast. After an lengthy argument, they finally agreed to reduce the price to the rate for booking a room including breakfast right away...

Such behaviour is absolutely unacceptable. The amenities of the lodge are by far not worth it to accept it. And for this price I will get plenty of other options worth twice their money!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business