“Fantastic”

Kubata Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 137 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I think this is in a hotel, but don't have the name of the hotel.
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The menu was big and the choice difficult. The food was absolutely delicious, the service far above standard (we are working in the hospitality sector) and very friendly. you felt really like with a warm welcome. The dinner was not cheap but worthy every cent!!! We will come back!

1  Thank MaxWindhoek

Reviewed January 25, 2012

We were very inpressed with the service and the tastey food. The serving/portion sizes are realy great value for money. Lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Just a short walk down the road from The Elegant Guest House. This appears to be a locals restaurant with only a smattering of tourists and all the better for it. My wife and I both had the fish – very good portions and very well cooked, Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and reasonably priced

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had dinner here with two clients/friends. The service was quite efficient and the atmosphere was nice. We actually sat on the balcony on the second floor, which overlooked the street. If it was a busy night, it may have been too noisy, however, it was a quiet night and we enjoyed an absolutely delicious meal outside.

The calamari is the most tender, tasty calamari that I have ever eaten in my entire life (and I have eaten A LOT of calamari over the years). The skewer with shrimp, calamari and fish was also excellent. I would go back to this restaurant in a heart beat!! Quality was absolutely of the highest standards!

The manager also stopped by our table to see how everything was - which I found to be a very good sign - as this is the perfect opportunity for people to give their opinions about the food, service and experience. Great restaurant!

Reviewed April 2, 2010

I took a group to Kubata for a business lunch recently. The servers were initially quite attentive, but for some reason the actual food delivery was quite slow -- so slow that one person had to take his meal as a takeaway because he had another appointment. I think we were all impressed by the actual quality of the meal. I like the restaurant, but would have trouble trusting it for another business meal, where timing is important. In talking to friends about the place, they concurred that the freshness of the fish is great, but that it is a bit pricey relative to other portugese restaurants in town.

1  Thank tilda54