“Superb Way to Do Some Sightseeing”
Review of Equitrails Namibia

Equitrails Namibia
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to view the awesome scenery and wildlife of Namibia.... on horseback!
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was picked up bright and early, from my hotel, to go horse riding in the Eros Mountains. It was a short drive up to the stables where I met Sam and my horse, Nova - as in Super! The riding was excellent - cantering and galloping through the scrubland - and Sam is a very knowledgeable guide telling me all about the natural habitat and the animals that live there. It was great fun. If you're in the area, give Sam a call; if you're not, book a flight and go there now! :-)

1  Thank Fi0naR
in 12 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A friend and me booked a three day horsetrip and it was just amazing. We are both experienced riders and Sam had a perfect trip for us. We made 3 short rides and one 6 hour ride in the mountains. The horses are welltrained, strong and healthy and all of them seem to be really happy horses. Sam is doing her job since many years. She is a perfect guide and also a great teacher :)! We had a great time together and would love to come again!

2  Thank Julia M
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Day One of my holiday and I started with an early morning ride. After 15 years out of the saddle Sam chose the perfect horse for me and we had a fantastic ride out in the hills with wonderful scenery and spotting wildlife as we went. Two weeks later at the end of my trip I finished the holiday with a Sundowner and Brai. It was a different route this time but the scenery was equally wonderful and we finished under the trees with drinks and a fantastic brai by candlelight. It was the perfect start and finish to the holiday and I would recommend it to everyone whether or not they have ridden before.

3  Thank funtyone
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I joined a sundowner tour which took us on a trek through fantastic scenery, watching the sunset over the Eros mountains. The horses were great, and the whole experience memorable and professional from start to finish. I can only reinforce the positive messages from other reviewers. If you have a few hours to spare when in Windhoek, and fancy an eco-friendly way to see the local countryside, this is worth doing. It is only 20 mins drive from the centre of Windhoek but feels a million miles away. Well done Sam!

2  Thank 1000_Angela_1000
See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I arrived at Sams yard for a sun downer ride and was quickly and efficiently paired up with a lovely responsive and well cared for horse .Sam described the personalities and little foibles of all the characters we were to ride ,what they think of each other and how they react to the other equine "personalities" on our outride . I was offered a good quality riding hat ,which I always personally choose wear . I even had the choice of quality Western or English saddle .
Sam has an entertaining turn of phrase that makes all the preliminaries for the ride fun and relaxing She introduced the riders and has us chatting comfortably as we mount up check the tack and move on out ,I too particularly noticed "Check it out" (great name !) who was the yard hand for the evening ,he clearly loves his work with the horses and has a connection and commitment to the horses ,riders and his own growing horsemanship.He is well trained by Sam ,he skilfully led part of the return ride under the light of the stars ! A unique experience for most riders .
The scenery was breathtaking ,so close to a buzzing city yet so still and and an African bush experience.
Sam showed us the interesting herbs and plants and we saw surprising number and variety of wildlife.
My companion riders were relatively inexperienced, yet were soon comfortable at all paces secure in their western saddles and given guidance about their horses and support to become comfortable and confident at all paces .They committed to come for further tuition and rides !
As a very experienced rider ,I was pleased that I too had a great experience .I was able to commune quietly with the natural beauty of the terrain or chat comfortably ,my soft mouthed horse responsive and relaxed to share the lead or back up and all places in between .
Sam has special spots on the ride and her sun downer ride and has some lovely surprises to reveal for you, so bring your camera .
Thank you Sam , Check It Out and the Equitrail horses ...I will be back for more ...
Sam was just left to break the news to the horses that a good nights rest was needed as the horses dentist was calling for their annual treatment in the morning .Oh my hat !

4  Thank Clare C