“"Great Italian Cuisine, BUT poor service."”

Sardinia Blue Olive
Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I popped in for "a spur-of-the-moment" lunch with family, this past Sunday, my first dining experience at Sardinia Blue Olive. The restaurant was buzzing with customers and it was refreshing to see such a vibrant atmosphere in Windhoek, on a Sunday.
The food was delicious. I had a pasta dish. The portion was very substantial and well worth the price.
A MAJOR LET-DOWN, was the service. Our waitress was too busy attending to other diners and didn't bother to make herself present at our table. We got brushed-off by her so many times, when enquiring about wines and food. She delivered bread to all the other tables, except ours and I could see the embarrassment on her face, when she realized that she not only"forgot" about us, but also "forgot" about our food, when the food was brought to our table by one of the managers.
After our main meal, we really wanted to order dessert. The Tiramisu looked delicious and we enquired, once again, with the waitress. She "ummed" and "aahhd", not knowing what to say, promised to bring us dessert menus, but didn't bother to return to our table - WHAT UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT! We just wanted to place an order for Tiramisu! PITY I DIDN"T CATCH HER NAME, she wasn't wearing a name badge either...
We got up after waiting for her to return so that we could settle the account.
I'm not sure if it was the fact that the restaurant is over-crowded with tables and chairs or the fact that it was a Sunday lunch-time rush, that added to the really bad service!?
Such a pity, as it offers an exciting menu and the food was delicious.
I hope that the Owners and Managers read the reviews and enlighten their staff.

3  Thank Vanillaconfetti

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Sardinia Blue Olive was near my office and I used to eat lunch there often. It was one of the restaurants in Windhoek that had great fish which is what I almost always ordered. The service was good and the atmosphere was also good.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Currently a hit among the locals in Windhoek, a great restaurant for a night out.
The food is great,service is good and the atmosphere is cozy. I have been very happy with the meat, fish and pasta dishes. The garlic sirloin with mushrooms served with veggies remains my favourite on the menu. I'm not a sweet tooth, but the old favourite, malva pudding is always a winner. Pizza bread and beef carpaccio is a great combo for a starter. All round, its great for an evening out with friends or dinner with your better half. It's always full, so its recommended to book in advance.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of our Favorite place for family dinner , though we are are vegetarian we get the pizzas served by them that we have never relished any where else so far.fresh and delicious deserts , Tiramisu and drinks,dom-pedro add to the gourmet's pleasure.Service is good and smiling.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sardinia restaurant is one of my favourites in Windhoek and the last time i visited i had a Sole (or should is a whale as it was huge), juicy and absolutely delicious. There are two branches - i was at the one in Sam Nujoma Road on the way to the airport or AVis close to Klein Windhoek. Pasta and pizza are also good and so is all the seafood. A traditional family run Italian Restaurant where Mama is almos always around to ensure standards dont slip