“Disappointing”

Am Weinberg Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As one of Windhoek’s finest gourmet restaurants, and the only one in Namibia currently awarded the prestigeous Chaîne des Rôtisseurs plaque, Am Weinberg Restaurant offers the sophisticated diner a health oriented and well crafted menu in a homely yet elegant atmosphere. Have an aperitif and enjoy a wine from a wide selection of some of the best South African wines while enjoying the beautiful sunset over the Klein Windhoek valley. During summer you can relax with a cocktail or your choice of drink in our open-air beach bar.The ideal place to end your holiday on a high culinary note.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The view is nice. Garden peaceful.
Prices outrageous.

Garden chairs metal with no cushions ??!!! Where you payN$ 100 for a salad. N$195 for springbuck medallions.

Waitress was ok. Not friendly.
Not happy that I wanted to sit in garden. She would have to go up and down stairs.

Ordered crocodile strips on garden salad.
Pretty plain.

I won't be back.

6  Thank Mespey
Weinberg-Restaurant, Owner at Am Weinberg Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hello Mespey

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am certainly disappointed that your lunch/dining (?) experience was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant and the concerned waitress, for not having provided the usual cushions for your seats. That would be standard procedure and we will bring it up at our next staff improvement session. Thank you for the information.

Our Springbok Loin and also the crocodile on salad are both firm favourites amongst guests and I do apologize for being nor to your liking.

I am pleased to her that you enjoyed the view in our peaceful garden.

I therefore wish to invite you back to Am Weinberg Restaurant so that we may deliver to you the full experience ambiance AND food. Please therefore contact me at any time when you wish to lunch/dine at our place again.

Kind Regards

Roland Lösch
Owner

E-mail: welcome@tamweinberg.com
Tel: +264(0)61 23 60 50
Fax: +264(0)61 23 60 55

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The quality of the food was great.
The waiters were also friendly and helpful.
the atmosphere was fantastic

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited the place with my family while on holidays in Windhoek, and as we arrived, the place was completely empty, which is not a good sign for a restaurant. But having read the previous reviews, I was expecting it.The staff was extremely friendly and managed to accommodate us in a place where we felt more comfortable, specially because of our 2 children.The food itself, was as everyone else has already been pointing out... as good and presentable as you would not expect it to be. Definitely better than expected. We had a delightful afternoon, the place is comfortable and with a nice view.Having said that, be prepared to pay for it. It was indeed an expensive lunch, but honestly I was happy to pay for it, and wouldn't mind going back there!

2  Thank Helder K
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were told that this was agood restauarant and from the prices thought it should be. The menu was limited mainly to games meats, and my oryx steak was a lump of meat. I ate it becuase I did not want to make an issue in front of my colleague and spoil the evening. Miserable staff, no atmosphere contributed to a very poor dining experience. There must be better in Windhoek and I would give this place a wide berth.

4  Thank seftelgerald

Hello seftelgerald

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback on our Am Weinberg Restaurant. I am very sorry to hear that you had such a negative dinning experience here with us.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant for an apparently negligent behavior in servicing you and your colleague. This is absolutely not up to our standard which all our other guests usually acclaim of very highly. Again, thank you for this input. Same counts for your feeling of having not experienced a good atmosphere.

Regards our menu I am very sorry, that you find it unbalanced. Yet I just want to mention that aside of starters and desserts, there are 7 meat- (of 6 different types of animals) and 4 fish-dishes as well as 4 vegetarian dishes on the main menu. Again, I want to apologize that we could not provide the expected variety and the right choice for you.

While I do appreciate the fact that you were dining with a colleague and did not want to convey your dissatisfaction regards the Oryx steak at the table; I do wish you had brought it to our attention at the time so that we could have rectified it immediately and have provided you with a different piece of meat to your liking.

Therefore, I wish to invite you back to Am Weinberg Restaurant so that we may deliver to you the full experience of ambiance, atmosphere, service and variety as well as quality of food so that we may provide you with the experience that has earned our Restaurant the highest rating in Windhoek.

Kind Regards

Roland Lösch
Owner

E-mail: welcome@tamweinberg.com
Tel: +264(0)61 23 60 50
Fax: +264(0)61 23 60 55

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We visit this restaurant on a regular basis and have yet to be disappointed. The food is fresh and delicious and the service is top notch. We visit this restaurant at least 6 times per month and the standard of the service and the food has not disappointed us yet. Our only critique is that we wish the menu was more extensive. It is a bit more pricey than regular restaurants in Windhoek but we firmly believe that it is worth the price, which is why we have become regulars. Please keep it up!

1  Thank PJay81